2

Wynter had gotten over what happened last night but was still puzzled about the vampire that had walked into Merlotte's. Quietly, she sat on the couch in the living room, joining her mother, and began watching television together. It was some show that didn't catch Wynter's interest. They don't talk much like they used to. Especially after her father had passed away. Wynter's mother had tried to involve herself in her daughter's life frequently, but they always ended up arguing. This was because either of them would be bound to bring up her father's death. Sighing, Wynter glanced at her mother, unsure if she should start a conversation and risk arguing or keeping the peaceful and quiet atmosphere.

"Mom." She finally broke the silence even though the TV was mid-volume and filled the living room with noise. Her mother eventually turned her head to look at her without speaking. "Are you hungry? I can cook you something before I go to work." She nodded and turned her attention back to the TV. Wynter sighed and got up from the couch and sashayed to the kitchen. Her cell phone buzzed from her back pocket, indicating she had a notification. Not knowing it was a text, she pulled her phone out to see who or what it was. It was Sookie. Rolling her eyes, she opened the message.

The text read, "Hey Wynter. I wanted to apologize for being too hard on you about what happened last night. Lunch?" It was already 4 pm as she closed her phone, not bothering to answer the text because she figured she shouldn't do much with Sookie after that fight. She decided to make her mother a few pieces of chicken legs and mashed potatoes. Something simple yet filling. She placed the plate on the coffee table; she gestured a nod at her mother before heading upstairs to shower and change for work.

Once she was in the bathroom and undressed, she looked at Sookie's message again. She finally decided to reply, "Too late for lunch, but I'll just see you at work." She closed her phone, and she went into the shower. Hopefully, Sookie had gotten the message on what she meant by not wanting to hang out like that. Finally, she had finished getting ready and heard another buzz from her phone. This time it was from Jason.

Did he want to hang out with her at his house? In your dreams, Jason. Does this guy ever stop?

She changed into her uniform; looking in the mirror, she was brushing her hair. Her make-up was already done. Beautiful yet simple. Her long silky, black hair fell her back evenly. After the quick once, over she walked out the door to go to work. Again. Wynter drives a red Toyota car; it wasn't new, nor was it old, but it was decently running. Sam had suggested getting her a brand-new car, but Wynter couldn't have cared less about having a new car. Pulling up at the Merlotte's parking lot, Sookie pulled in beside her. Great. She sighed, her hands still placed on the steering wheel. She didn't feel like she wanted to leave the car. Not until Sookie went inside, at least. Suddenly, Jason appeared at her window, causing Wynter to flinch from him appearing. He was leaning against the door with his hands on top of the hood of the car, exposing his flexing muscles. He wore those muscle shirts to show off his muscles. He did have a good-looking body, after all.

"Hey, gorgeous." He casually opened the door for her to help her out of the car. Jason offered his hand to assist her out of the car.

She smiled slightly and took his hand as she climbed out of the car. "Thanks." He kissed her cheek as a romantic gesture with a smile. Licking his lips, his face was close to hers, and his breathing quickened. She looked up at him with a smile back. She quickly retorted while gesturing towards the front door of Merlotte's, "I have to go inside. Gotta clock in."

Closing the door for her, he followed her inside like a lost puppy. Sookie sat and watched them head inside while she stayed behind in her car. Wynter doesn't know, but Sookie had decided to talk to the unknown vampire from yesterday and wanted him to come by later in the evening. She was fascinated with him for some unknown reason.