8

*Warning Sexual Content*

Bill, Sookie and Wynter entered inside his car quickly to escape from the raid before they were to get caught. Hearing the car roar to life, Bill drove away from the bar and never looked back. 'That was scary but interesting.' The owner, Eric and his co-owner Pam seemed to be intrigued on Wynter, but she wasn't, she was petrified. Bill played Cambodian music throughout the car ride, which made them uneasy while they were halfway to Sookie's house. She requested to pull up and let her mind ease back to normal after the incident. Even though it seemed too much to handle all at once. He gestured a nod, pulling up in a road that led them in the woods. He was probably thinking the cops who was back at Fangtasia, either follow them from suspicion or patrol around. By breaking the silence, Sookie turned to Bill, "I'm sorry for getting you in trouble."

"Don't apologize. Vampires always seem to get in all sort of trouble, but I prefer with it being with you." Bill muttered to Sookie softly, his eyes gleamed at her while he began to lean in towards her as they were about to kiss.

Wynter rolled her eyes, turning away, her mind began to wander off on deciding to not eavesdrop on their conversation. She slouched her body down comfortably on the seat, waiting for Sookie to call the cue to go home. Suddenly, blue and red lights with a police siren had been heard in the distance. A squad car pulled up behind them slowly. 'Shit. Did they follow us?' The state trooper approached the driver's side with a flashlight, beaming the light inside the interior as Bill pulled the window down. Sookie suggested that she should do the talking and Bill to stay quiet, "Hello officer. Is there something wrong?"

"Evenin' ma'am. What are you three doing out this late at night?" The male officer shone his flashlight towards Sookie to be visible since it was dark outside.

"Driving back home from a date." She smiled, sitting up straight to keep her posture.

"I see. Well, you seem to have another person with you." Wynter glanced to the officer as the flashlight beamed at her. It was quite bright, which her eyes started to irritate. 'Why is it his business?'

"My friend's date didn't show up, so she just became the third wheel."

"Uh-huh." He paused by searching the car with his flashlight and glanced back at Sookie. He continued as his voice sounded to be suspicious, "Back a few miles, we are raiding a bar. Were y'all coming from there by any chance?" Bill's expression became agitated, his grip started to tighten on the steering wheel.

She shook her head with a smile, "No sir. Not us."

The policeman noticed Bill was annoyed by his ongoing questions, he shone the flashlight in Bill's face, "How about you, son? You are awfully quiet."

Seeing Bill began to act strange to a different human, it creeped out Wynter and Sookie. "I'm a man with a few words." His tone was hoarse and quite deep. Wynter noticed his shoulders started to tense up.

The policeman chuckled, nodding, "A man with a few words. I like that." Once he pointed the flashlight back to Sookie, he politely asked for investigational reasons, "May I shine the light on your neck if you don't mind?"

Sookie agreed and turned her pulsating neck to present to the officer that there weren't any bite marks. The officer wasn't to be foolish, however, he was. Bill was a vampire and he was in his presence. A clicking sound was to be heard by Bill, watching Sookie expose her bare neck, Wynter jittered from the sight of Bill's fangs. The situation had become more uncomfortable and unbearable than back at Fangtasia. Hearing Bill speak to the officer like he was his prey, "Maybe you should shine the light between her legs." It made the officer feel tense, his hand quickly placed on the holster where his gun was located. Bill explained that the femoral artery flows freely which is a specific favorite for vampires and not give effort to suck out the blood.