5

Wynter and Jason remained on his bed as they both stared up at the ceiling in satisfaction, breathing heavily from the hours of sex they had. 'I can't believe I slept with Jason Stackhouse. Damn it.' Surprised on herself, she ran her fingers through her hair, thinking that it was a mistake. Sighing to herself, she sat up from the bed with a sheet around her body to cover her nakedness. "What's wrong?" Sitting up slightly, he leaned up on his elbows and examined her. He could tell by her expression like she felt ashamed.

"I think this was a mistake, Jason." Tears began to fall from her cheeks; she turned her head to keep her face away from him, so he wouldn't see that she was crying. Instantly, she wiped a tear away, and he wrapped his arm around her to hold her close.

"Don't cry. Please. I know you're traumatized, but he's dead now." He ran his fingers through her hair gently, kissing her forehead to ease her down. She couldn't restrain herself; all the stress and fear built inside of her made her break down. Holding onto Wynter tightly, he began to rock her slightly and let her cry on his shoulder. 'Missing my father and almost getting killed by a random vampire. What else would be next?' She didn't know what to do at this point. Jason laid her down on the bed beside him while holding her close, his arms wrapped around her and pressed his body against hers to let his body heat soothe her. Knowing he is there for her at that moment, nobody will harm her.

His finger touched underneath her chin as she glanced up at him with tears in her eyes. Green like Emeralds, his heart skipped a beat on how mesmerizing her features caught him off guard. He wiped a tear from her cheek and leaned in, kissing her lips. She returned the kiss as she began to calm down. 

Once after he broke the gentle kiss, he gave her a soft smile with his finger placed underneath her chin as their eyes were locked onto each other. "You know my mama sang me a lullaby when I had those episodes."

Not understanding why he mentioned something like that, she raised an eyebrow with a confused expression. "Really?" She kept her eyes onto him, and he exhaled calmly. 

"Yeah, when I was young." He chuckled a bit and looked elsewhere to think of a memory and continued, "She would hold onto me tightly and hum 'You Are My Sunshine' to make me smile." 

Seeing Jason began to tear up a bit, she blinked. She never understood how his parents passed away since she never bothered to ask. "I understand how you feel about losing your parents. I haven't seen my father in years. Hell, I don't even know if he's dead or not because he had an arrangement with vampires. That's why I'm not too fond of those creatures. But how did your parents...you know...pass?"

Sighing to the question, he wiped the tear that fell from his face to keep his composure, "A flash flood." Feeling shocked by the answer, her eyes widened, not comprehending whenever there was a flash flood. But maybe when they were kids. Although, she didn't move to Bon Temps until possibly a few years later. He stood quiet; his eyes gazed upon the ceiling since he didn't want to talk about his parents anymore. Eventually, she stopped questioning.

Shortly after, she drifted herself to sleep from complete silence, and she felt worn out, drained by the sex. He noticed she fell asleep; he smiled and joined her to sleep peacefully. The next morning, she dressed back in her previous clothing from last night. She wasn't planning to stay another night since Jason had watched over her. With Jason asleep, and the sun was above the horizon for not even 10 minutes. She approached the window, opening the curtains, and seen a beautiful clear blue sky. Wynter heard Jason move slightly in his sleep, tossing on his side, and she promptly shut the curtains not to wake him. Quickly enough, she put on her shoes, kissing Jason on the forehead, and left. She didn't have the time to write him a note, but she thought to text him later to thank him for watching over her for the night. Wynter arrived back home. She opened the door and saw her mother fast asleep on the couch. It looked like her mother was waiting for her to return home eventually. Her mother never liked to be alone in the house. She gently nudged her on the shoulder to wake her as she wanted to let her mother know she had returned. Her mother opened her eyes and flinched by the sudden sight of Wynter, "Where have you been?"