xxi

-_-_-

(words: 2.602)

-_-_-

Liam turned off the cars engine once he had parked in front of the restaurant. It wasn't anything fancy or special, perfect enough for a casual lunch with his boss. It was exactly twelve pm and he should be exiting his car since he can see his boss sitting at a small round table near a large window, with his phone in his hands.

But Liam didn't want to get out of his car and enjoy lunch with his boss. He hadn't even had breakfast but he still had no appetite, food was the last thing on his mind. What he really wanted to do is drive away to his home and apologize to Zayn. He wanted to kiss him and make him feel special, because after what he had said to the young boy, he really needed to go back and apologize.

But the problem was that his boss had been waiting for over two minutes as Liam violently slammed his head against the steering wheel. He grunted as his forehead collided against it, he was itching to turn the engine on again and speed away. But he can't just do that, not after he scheduled lunch with his boss.

Why did he even hurt Zayn in the first place?

He muttered a string of curse words before pulling his head away from the wheel, taking deep breaths as he ignored the throbbing at his forehead. He rubbed it, hoping that the color on it would fade away.

He quickly took his deduction, taking a deep breath before opening the car door, stomping over to the entrance of the restaurant.

Zayn can wait two hours for an apology, right?

-*-

As Liam and Dean chuckled at a remark the older man had made about the waiter, the younger man looked down at his watch, which indicated that it was currently 2:42 pm. They had finished eating over a half an hour ago, but his boss immediately inniciated a conversation with him. Liam didn't entirely mind, his boss was a pretty chill man and it was difficult to get bored while talking with him. But he really wanted to go home as soon as possible so he can tell Zayn how sorry he is about saying all those rude and imprudent thing to him.

"Payne, I need to head back to my home and grab some files and hand them to you, they're quite important." He said as he began to scoot his chair back.

Liam wanted to groan, knowing that he wasn't making it home anytime soon. So he just faked a small smile and nodded, agreeing with his boss. He got of from his seat, straightening his shirt as he followed his boss out the door and into the parking lot.

"Just drive over to my home, I won't take very long handing you the files." Mr. Philips said, pulling out his keys from his back pocket.

Liam nodded again, sighing once he got into his car and turned on the engine.

-*-

'I won't take very long'

The words repeated again and again, inside of Liam's head, almost as if they were mocking him.

He tried not to bounce his leg up and down as he listened (more like, pretending to listen and care) to his boss ramble on about his plan on retiring.

It's that Liam doesn't care, he's just feeling so guilty and if he doesn't head home in the next thirty minutes, he thinks he might explode. He felt himself sweat under his shirt at the thought of Zayn crying all because of his fault. He should've been more careful with his words, especially with someone he cared so much about.