xv

-_-_-

(words: 1.733)

-_-_-

Liam had a lot of things planned Monday. He needed complete some tasks that he couldn't do earlier because he was too busy putting all his attention on Zayn. So why not complete the tasks with Zayn around?

Zayn helped Liam by organizing his files in alphabetical order (he had memorized the alphabet once again). He'd cross out the names of the people Liam had already called, he would tell him the number he had to call next, he even received a friendly kiss on the cheek as a thankful gesture from Liam after they were done.

There was always a bit of flirting, but innocent. From winks to simple complements, Liam stilled managed to make Zayn blush like a school girl. He always knew what to say and what to do and Zayn's always putty in his hands.

Though, most of his memory is vague, he knows that he hasn't been showered with this much affection in a long time. He doesn't recall a time where someone had said sweet things to him that made him smile, the only person capable of doing that was Liam.

As he sat by Liam's desk, watching as he spoke with some important person on the phone. His lips move quickly as the words leave his mouth and Zayn can barely understand a word he is saying. Too much 'market ratings' and 'percents' to keep track of. But he didn't mind, watching Liam was very interesting, even if the words made no sense in Zayn's ears.

He watched with a look of awe as Liam removed the glasses that were perched up on his nose, he rubs his face with one hand as he fixes his phone so it would sit between his shoulder and ear. He sighs as he pick up a pen and begin to write down and humming in approval at whatever the person on the other line is saying. He then drops the pen and says a few more things Zayn doesn't understand.

"So will it all be ready by this weekend?" He asks, leaning back on his large leather chair. He nods and hums. "Great, perfect. I'll see you on Thursday." They exchange their farewells and hang up, Zayn checking off the last person on the list.

"That was the last one." Zayn says, marking a neat and small check next to 'Hector Right' and his phone number.

Liam nods, putting his glasses back on as he shuts his laptop and closes his agenda. He decides to leave his messy desk the way it is, he would later clean it up and organize it. But right now, he has a raven-haired beauty he wants to devote all his attention to.

He wraps an arm around around his waist, pulling him in and sitting him on his lap. Zayn slightly squeaks, giggling when Liam presses a kiss at the top of his head. He pulls him in, his arms protectively around the younger boy as he inhales his fresh scent. "Thanks, Zayn."

Zayn smiles a bit, biting his lip to stop it. "Anytime, Li." His voice is quiet and shy, even though he has gotten out of his comfort zone with Liam. He knows he can trust him and he knows that Liam won't ever judge him, he has a feeling that he has never cared about him once being homeless.

"How about you and I—" He 'boops' Zayn's nose, making him smile. The type of smile with squinty eyes and a scrunched up nose, his tongue barely peeking out of his glorious white teeth that Liam still wonder to this day to how he has managed to keep them unrealistically clean even after being homeless. "— go out for a little while?" He suggests. "I'll treat you for anything you'd like— take it as a 'thank you' gift."

Zayn shakes his head, but his smile remains on his face. "All I did was say numbers out loud and organize files in alphabetical order; no big deal."

"But you deserve it."

"But you've given me way too much while I've been here, you don't need to give me anything else." It's true, Liam has gifted clothing and items Zayn had never thought he would lay hands on. Although he is grateful, he can't have Liam spoil him and treat him for every little thing he does.