xxxi

-_-_-

{words: 2.048}

-_-_-

"Guess Louis wasn't much of a distraction, was he?" Dean said, fixing the watch on his left wrist as he spoke to the two young men in front of him.

Liam didn't answer; he didn't need to remind him that he was back stabbed by his very own best friend.

"So," Dean smiled smugly, bringing his hands up to gesture his large and beautiful house. "what brings you to my home, Liam?" He asked, bringing his hands behind his back, awaiting an answer from a furious Liam.

Harry had his usual sour look, narrowing his eyes at the man in front of them. "We're here for Zayn." He spoke before Liam could answer; he was too busy glaring holes into the criminal's head.

Dean laughed bitterly and then abruptly stopped, giving Harry a stern look before discreetly pointed a finger at Liam. "I was talking to him."

"Well, I'm talking to you." He shot back, taking a step forward. He jaw was clenched shut as he made his way towards the man, heavy steps booming loudly as Dean just stood there with the arrogant smirk he always wore.

Before Harry could take another step, Liam stopped him by placing a firm arm in his way. "We just want to talk." Liam continued to glare, keeping his voice calm and low even though there was a war in his mind. Harry rolled his eyes at that, but remained silent because deep down he knew violence wasn't going to solve this.

Well, not at the moment.

"Tell me what you want and I'll give it to you." The younger business man put his arm back to his side. "If it's money, I'll give it to you. But just leave Zayn alone." His voice had gotten deeper at the end unintentionally, he was barely even able to control the rage that was burning hellishly inside of him.

Mr. Philips pursed his lips, a false thoughtful look was plastered onto his face. "See that's the thing, Liam." He said, taking a few steps forward as he continued to speak. "At first, the origin of this conflict was money wise. All I wanted was money. All I've ever wanted was money." He sounded like a maniac, the smile on his face made it even worse.

"I'm sure Mr. Styles," he points to the long-haired man who was analyzing every single move he made as he approached Liam slowly. "has explained this whole situation to you; the whole backstory as to why I'm doing this to Zayn."

Liam then turned to look at Harry, who looked like as if he had been caught red handed. He awkwardly brought a hand up to his hair, slightly tugging it before giving Liam an apologetic look.

Dean gave a pained look, cringing and shaking his head. "Ooh, he didn't tell you?" He mocked. "And I thought you were smart enough to figure it out on your own."

Liam then looked back at his (ex?) boss. "I know you were Zayn's stepfather." He said, hoping that had changed Dean's thoughts. "And I know you killed his mother."

"But do you know why?" He didn't even deny it, he just cocked an eyebrow and waited for someone to answer.

The two young men remained silent, briefly glancing at each other as they waited for him to continue.

"She took my money. She was going to escape, but I killed her before she even had a chance to hide." He said between his clenched teeth, his fist curling up in anger at the memory. "I locked the little oddball up in the closet as he heard his mother die from the other side." He closed his eyes and took a step back away from Liam, taking a deep breath through his nose and letting it go from his his mouth. He opened his eyes and spoke again. "She took my money; I killed her." He grinned sinisterly. "He took my money; I will kill him."