xxix

-_-_-

(words: 1.575)

-_-_-

Harry sped down the late night streets, ignoring the presence of the red lights and stop signs. His hands gripped onto the steering wheel, his lips pursed shut and his green eyes narrowed in concentration, trying to not get hit by a truck as he illegally went down the opposite way of an almost empty one way street.

Liam would've told him to calm down and drive safe, because they weren't in a high-speed car chase with the mafia. But his mind was somewhere else at the moment as he stared straight ahead into the night sky. His expression was blank as he tried to process the information that had been repeated to him more than two times.

"Bullshit." Liam spoke up, looking over at Harry who rolled his eyes and sighed in annoyance.

"I'll push you out of my car right now and go save Zayn myself if you don't want to believe me." Harry said in between his teeth, swerving a car that beeped madly at him.

Liam slapped his hands on his lap and tried to speak, but he was just gaping. He shook his head and ran his hands down his tired face. "I mean, I-I," He looked out the window. "I believe you." He admitted, licking his bottom lip nervously and closing his eyes, the city lights reflecting through the window and onto his face. "But I don't want to." He shook his head.

"Then don't believe me. The door's open and I'll be more than happy to introduce your face to the concrete ground." Harry growled, finally entering an empty street.

Then Liam thinks, wow, this dude must've had a lot of friends in school. Because he's great with his words and people, knows exactly how to make them feel welcomed. And he doesn't know why he agreed to enter his car; Harry's an asshole. This is probably just some trap and he's going to be sold to slavery or something along the lines.

"I do believe you!" Liam scratched the back of his neck. "It's just-" He sat up and tried to organize the words in his head. "You're saying that Mr. Philips kidnapped Zayn for God-knows-what reason." He looked over at Harry who nodded vigorously.

"Yes, yes. That's what I've been telling you for the past two hours." He grunted.

"Why did he kidnap him?"

Harry shrugged halfheartedly. "Guy's fucked up in the head." He paused. "Who knows?"

"You know." Liam narrowed his eyes at him, because wow, was Harry bad at lying. If he knew that Zayn was getting kidnapped and possibly killed, he obviously knew the reason behind it.

Harry clenched his jaw and looked straight ahead at the road, eyes avoiding Liam's gaze. "I don't know."

Once Harry came to a mild stop, he was being pulled in by the collar of his shirt. He was inches away from Liam's face, which held a furious expression.

"If you know something," Liam spoke lowly, pulling Harry closer. "Tell me now!" He said loudly.

Harry had a pair of side eyes on at the moment, avoiding the angry glare coming from Liam. He sighed and pushed his hands off of his collar and fixed his shirt, straightening it out. He gripped onto the wheel again and drove away.

"Remember," He closed his eyes for a few short seconds, as if he were going to regret this later on. "Remember that money you gave me?"

"You mean the money you forced me to give you, that Zayn owed you?" Liam corrected him, scoffing and crossing his arms across his chest. Then his expression dropped and then a quick theory came into his mind. He looked over at Harry, who looked kind of sheepish yet his face still had a hard expression, as if he already knew that Liam had figured it out.