iv

{So I had this other idea in my head, maybe it will make 'paint' a bit more interesting. I mean, I already had the whole thing planned in my head, but then I got this crazy idea and I think I'll like it. So just warning you guys; this'll probably have a lot of twist and turns, so uh, get ready for that ;) }

[P.s: wow, 11 votes on the last chapter! Let's hopes this one gets just as much. And I absolutely love reading the comments you guys leave, they make me smile!!!]

-_-_-

(words: 1.478)

-_-_-

Liam sat on his couch, flipping through the channels on his television, looking for something entertaining to watch. Though the only things that seemed to be on were unfunny sitcoms and poorly scripted "reality" t.v shows. But either way, he had decided to watch re-runs of the previous seasons of 'The Bachelor'.

He cringed at the overly-dramatic scenes and cooed at that romantic ones (which he instantly regretted doing). Even though the show was horrible, he had actually ended up enjoying it.

With his face resting on the palm of his hand, Liam groaned at another kissing scene. How was it so easy for this guy to seduce so many girls at once? Do they really fall in love at the end of it all? Does that even happen in real life?

Liam doubted it.

Love doesn't last forever. He was sure of it. That's why his parent's marriage didn't last, that's why his sister used to let her boyfriend cheat and beat her.

Everyone pretended to be happy about everything, as if there was no (visible) flaws in their relationship. But sometimes, it makes Liam wonder: Is anybody truly happy? Does anyone wake up with a smile on their face every single day? Does anyone not feel one drop of hate? Can someone say with complete honesty that they sometimes wish their relationship with their partner would just end?

Liam avoided a lot of things; taxis, creepy secretaries, chihuahuas. But the thing that he avoided the most was falling in love. Though it was cheesy; Liam was afraid to fall in love. Tell someone they love them, wake up every morning by the sweet body heat of another.

He's been on many dates, almost all of them ending in disaster. He or she (yes, he thinks that both sexes are wonderful) would be annoying or bitchy, or they would find out about Liam's wealth and offer to suck him off, right then and there in the middle of the restaurant.

Liam wanted someone to love him because of him. Not because of his money, or his clothing, his house, his three cars (which he barely uses because he prefers to walk to work). He wants someone to tell him they love him, without meaning anything else. He would give away all his riches if it meant to have someone that'll keep him throughout every journey and experience.

Liam shook his head at the almost impossible dream. He was probably asking for too much. He already had the money, that's all he needs to survive.

Finally bored with the show, he switched the channel, which was the news, giving out emergency information. Liam frowned and turned up the volume.

"Tonight, we recommend that all of you remain in your homes. A large thunderstorm is about to hit London. Though it will only last the night, we recommend to keep lights and electronics off, to avoided damages. The storm will be fairly dangerous, so please don't leave your homes. Thank you and we wish a safe night for all."

Liam felt his heart drop. He was safe, of course. He can sleep tonight without a worry. But something wasn't going to let him sleep tonight, if he went to bed now, he'll never forgive himself. Guilt would eat him up and kill him inside.