xxvi

-_-_-

(words: 2.974)

-_-_-

Life with Zayn was amazing at the moment. Liam couldn't ask for anything better than being next to the man he was sure he loved with all his heart. He felt like a lovestruck teenager again, hopelessly head over heals and daydreaming constantly.

Zayn, Zayn, Zayn was the only thing on his mind when he was away from him, when he was at work or doing a simple task that didn't require Zayn to tag along. The raven-haired boy was always there, near or far, Liam always felt his presence. He left a mark in his heart, but not a scar or a burn, but he filled the void that was there for much too long.

It was quite early in the relationship but, Liam wanted to grow old with Zayn. He never thought he liked kids until he fell for him, now suddenly thinking about adopting one or two, maybe even three. Zayn would be an excellent parent, always caring and sweet, never would he raise his voice in an angry manner. Their child would be just as artistic as Zayn, shy yet bold in his own way.

He wanted to marry him, the thought of calling him his 'husband' made his heart flutter in a ridiculous way. He wanted Zayn to be his and he wanted to be Zayn's.

But he knew he should wait a little while, at least until Zayn gets his memory back. They were starting off way too fast with the relationship, but it felt right and he felt like as if he's know Zayn for years.

He was getting dangerously close to his thirties and it's about time he began to settle down. Of course, Zayn was only twenty and maybe he had a different thought on marriage, maybe he would want to wait a little longer before having to call Liam his 'husband'. Or the relationship wasn't as serious to Zayn as it was to Liam, the boy was young and he could probably not be into the whole 'going steady' thing.

Liam brushed those thoughts away and looked up at the ticking clock up on the wall, mocking him and reminding him of every second he wasn't spending with Zayn. He didn't notice how mundane and tedious everything was without him, how time seemed to be in the slowest of motions; refusing to speed up. How boring the air around him was, no little giggles or sounds of Zayn humming.

Liam sighed and opened up the first drawer of his desk, his hand searching for the small dark blue box. Once his fingers touched the velvety item, he pulled it out and examined it,

He opened it and sitting in the middle of a small black pillow, was a 4 carat ring, a fairly big rock sitting on it, surrounded by small pebbles of diamonds. He didn't intend on buying it, but when he saw the ring in the glass shelf as he walked past the jewellery store, he just knew he had to get it for Zayn.

Liam didn't think it through because now he really wanted to propose to him, even when he had said he would wait a little longer.

But someone else would've bought the ring, even if it was made for Zayn and only Zayn. It would looking stunning on his delicate and skinny ring finger, not on someone else's.

He stared at the item a but longer, trying to think of a speech he would use when he would drop down onto one knee in front of Zayn.

But what would Zayn's reaction be? Would he cry, would he faint, would he laugh and slap Liam? Though he was sure Zayn wouldn't be rude if he were to say 'no', but Liam wouldn't propose if he knew he would deny his offer.

A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts, jumping slightly as he searched for a place to hide the box. "Come in!" He said loudly enough for the person on the other side to hear, he shoved the item back into the drawer, slamming it shut as his secretary (which he may or have not had some fun with in the past), Catherine walked in with the usual fake smile on her face.