My mom liked him

Charlie met you at your home early in the morning and you grabbed your bag and took his hand. With a loud crack the two of you apparated and arrived a few feet away from the doorway of your parents home.

"Charles I think she's here I heard the apparating!"

"One second Diana." Your father yelled out before rushing to your mothers side. "Who is that with her?"

"I don't know. It's not the prankster boy for sure."

You arrived at the door but not without noticing your creeping parents staring through the window. They ran over to the door and opened it to greet you.

"Y/n!" Your mom yelled and you hugged her before hugging your dad.

Your mom seemed to not be letting Charlie in however giving him a glare.

"Mom. Let. Him. In." You said removing her arm from across the door way.

"Well who is this?" Your mother said asking you but mostly geering the question towards Charlie.

"This is Charlie mom. My boyfriend. He wanted to meet you guys."

"Okay then."

Your mom sat the two of you down at the couch and shortly began to make small talk.

"So y/n where have you been living."

"I've been living in Romania. Charlie offered me the job before we started dating." You smiled at him.

"Oh what do you do in Romania Charlie?"

"We work with dragons mostly. We take care of them and help the baby dragons and such."

"Well that sounds very nice." Your mom said but your dad didn't seem to have warmed up to him quite yet. "So Charlie I can't help but notice the red hair are you related to the prankster boy."

"Unfortunately yes." He said looking at you a bit worried.

"Right answer." She seemed to have liked the word unfortunately.

At dinner time your dad was still glaring at Charlie and you just looked at him.

"Do you have a problem dad?"

Your mom gave you a look all two familiar.

"Yes mom he knows about the infertility." You sighed.

"So Charlie how do you feel about that?"

"Wow mom you've just been waiting all day to ask that huh?" You spat.

"Y/n it's fine I don't mind. I don't mind it mrs.l/n. Me and y/n have already talked about it and we have come to a solid conclusion."

"And what would that be?"

"Well you see kids have never been something on my bucket list but it's my understanding y/n you wants them but also doesn't as of know. She knows that if she ever realizes she wants children she can come to me and we can figure something out. With her having children seems like a nice though when with others it usually hadn't."

"Good to know. Also call me Diana Charlie." Your mom stopped and Charlie smiled at her and your dad seemed to have calmed down and taken more of a liking to him after hearing this.

"So have you two heard from the prankster boy?"

"Yea he's sent a few rude letters to Charlie which I can happily say I've yelled at him for."

"What about?"

"He's convinced we are going to work it out and kept saying things like I was going to run away and try for children with him leaving Charlie. But Charlie knows I would never do that." You said turning to Charlie giving him a reassuring smile.

"If I could just kill that boy." Your dad laughed.

After dinner Charlie left after your parents convinced you to spend a night there.

"I don't know how I feel about that boy." Your dad spoke up.

"I like him." You mom added

"Well I don't know if I do."

"Why dad? The day I met him I was sleeping in his room because me and George had just broken up. George had told a girl about my problems and was cheating on me. Charlie came home that night and respectfully let me stay and didn't try to pull anything. We went out to lunch the next day and I was happier than I ever was with George. I told him about my problems that day and we weren't even dating. He still said that George was stupid. I have a good feeling about him. If I ever have a child with anybody it's going to be him and he's going to be a great father! I can only hope any kid of mine turns out like him. He's the most respectful and kind and funny man I've ever met in my life. But by all means if you want me to go into a relationship where the man doesn't support my infertility issues and I'm constantly unhappy then fuck you. You have no right to be judging him. He was nothing but kind to you and mom tonight and made exactly his view about everything clear to you. I love him dad."

"Y/n how do you know he's serious?"

"Because the day George's sent that letter saying I was going to go off with him Charlie stormed out. He looked the angriest saddest most confused I've seen him yet. He asked me if I was going to run off with George. That if in my mind George was the only one I would try to have a kid with when he was right there. Keep in mind this is the same man who when I met him didn't want kids. Sorry but George never did that and he wasn't serious. I'm leaving now and I'm going to hang out with Charlie. He probably needs it after spending the day with you dad."

You apparated to Charlie's flat and knocked on the door.

"Y/n I thought you were spending the night at your parents house?"

"Dad was shit talking you I couldn't stay there. I yelled at him. Can I stay here tonight?"

"Yea of course come on in."