I met you in a shop

TW: mention of infertility. Paragraph 21 and 33

You graduated four years ago from Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. You were now 21 and still didn't know what you had wanted to do as a job. You had juggled some random ones wizard and muggle. As of know you were just doing odd jobs and trying out some new hobbies too see if you had any shall we say hidden talents. These talents ranged from the most random things like chess to normal things like nonverbal spells.

Today's hobby seemed to be pranking others. Luckily just the shop had been opened for what was it two years now. The owners were only just about to turn 20 but they were pretty successful with their business. You decided this was the place to go.

As you entered the shop you were immediately greeted with one of the ginger twins.

"Hello, how may I be of assist to you."

"Hello. Just thought I'd give a new hobby a try see if I'm any good. Which twin are you again?"

"Oh I'm George. Sounds good we have all sorts of things ranging from candy's to gadgets."

"Well just show me around tell me what some of your favorites are." You smiled at him.

"Alrighty follow me then." He said and led you through the store.

Once you had picked out a few random things he led you to the cash register and rang all your items up.

"That will be 15 galleons please." He said and you placed the owed amount onto the counter top.

"Wait before you go." He said as you began to turn around. "Would you be so kind as to accompany
Me on a date."

"Oh I don't know. How old are you?" You asked him.

"Well considering I just turned 20 I'd say... legal. You also don't look a day over 40 so I think it's ok."

"Um well that's nice. I guess I'll go on a date with you. When?" You were still a little taken aback but went along anyways.

"Ok! I'm sorry I was joking about the 40 thing you actually look to be my age."

"Well a little older. I'm 21."

"Ah legal for alcohol in America." He said and you chuckled. "How about later tonight. Let's say 8 I can meet you or pick you up."

"I can meet you somewhere. Where shall we go?"

"Well I don't know maybe just maybe we can take a trip through hogsmeade. Maybe I could teach you a bit about pranking considering I'm so good at it."

"Sounds like a plan." Then with a smile you turned and left.

Wow a date. You hadn't had a date with somebody in a long time. You also tended to sometimes not necessarily scare others but a lot of people didn't really like the idea of probably never being able to have kids. Hopefully that wouldn't push George away.

———

You stood outside honey dukes wrapped in your winter jacket waiting for George.

"Y/n!" You heard him yell out to you

"George you came." You smiled at him.

"Yea why wouldn't I. Not everyday I score a date with someone so beautiful."

"Thank you. Not everyday I score a date with someone at all let alone handsome like you."

"Whys that?" He asked.

"Oh I'll tell you later tonight."

He seemed a little confused but he wasn't about to leave.

The two of you strolled through hogsmeade hand in hand looking at all the shops.

George did eventually pulling you into a restaurant place and sat you at a table.

"So I think you should tell me why you don't score many dates. I mean look at you."

"Well I should probably tell you anyways. Especially if we want to go on more dates." He nodded "I have pretty much basically no chance of having children. I have a small chance but it's so small it will probably never happen. Many guys don't really like that."

"Oh-um that's ok."

"Are you sure? You don't sound very certain."

"No it's ok I just wasn't expecting that. I was maybe expecting to hear you had an extra bellybutton or a toe." He said trying to lighten the mood.

"Yea it's a bit worse than a extra bellybutton. I always tell people adoption is a choice but they don't really like doing that."

"People suck." He seemed very short.

You nodded your head and the two of you ordered some food. When the two of you finished your food you headed off in the direction of your apartment and split ways with him.

When you got home you jumped in your shower and threw on some pajamas. You flipped yourself down on the bed and though about tonight.

He had said it was cool but was it really cool with him. He seemed short after that you hoped he was being honest with you. You guessed the only way you would ever actually find out if you continued going out with him.

———

You had been going out with George for a while now. Probably only about 6 months but it felt like. Along time. He seemed to be pretty genuine about the whole thing.

You and George had gone to the burrow for a while so you could meet his mom and hang out for a bit. A girl names Angelina there kept staring at you though. You didn't know why she had been there but she was not giving you the best vibes.