14 weeks

About 2 weeks later you had another appointment scheduled.

"Hey Charlie I'm leaving to a scan would you like to come with me?"

Charlie came scrambling out of the room to you nodding his head. You and him got there and when Charlie saw the little blob on the screen he looked so happy.

You would admit that you were scared. Charlie never showed much interest in kids besides the occasional telling you in the future the two of you could try. So to see him so happy was a relief.

———

4 weeks later you were running around the house looking for Charlie. You didn't find him in the bathroom or the closets or the living room. You eventually did find him in the bedroom putting laundry away.

"Y/n why are you so tired?"

"I was running around trying to find you."

"What if slipped and fell?"

"I'm sorry love I won't do it anymore but look at this." You said to Charlie slightly lifting up your shirt.

A teeny little bump was there it wasn't much but it was for sure there and Charlie just sort of stared at it.

"Is that?"

"The baby yep." You said smiling as Charlie threw his arms around you and pressed kisses all over your face.

"I can't believe it this is really happening!" Charlie exclaimed.

"I can't either." You laughed.

"How are you feeling today on another note?" Charlie asked pulling away a little bit.

"The usual just sort of nauseous."

"I'm sorry." He said sympathetically.

You had gotten morning sickness and nausea was a few days after you told Charlie and your family about the baby.

You and Charlie had started talking about the nursery because now that you had hit over the 3 month mark the chances of miscarriage were lower. That was a fear that you did have. You took it very slowly because if you had lost maybe your only chance of a family you would become overwhelmed with grief. Even if it wasn't your fault the thought of it was sad.

"Well we live in Romania so of course there has to be dragons in the nursery." You stated in a matter of factory tone.

"I was hoping you would say that." Charlie smiled from across the table.

"I feel like the colors red and maybe orange would go well with the dragon theme. Even if they are toned down Hughes of the color."

"I think so two and then we can always add in accent colors later if we want to."

"Where did you learn to decorate as a pro?" You asked smiling at him.

"Have you seen my home? I've always had a knack for it if I do say so myself."

Late that day Charlie told you he wanted to go out for a walk so that you could stop looking at room decor for a change. The two of you went for a walk on a ice little Path near the dragon enclosures.

Charlie had you stop for a second at a bench so you could rest but he pulled you up before getting down on one knee.

"Charlie...get back up."

"Nope. Y/n y/l/n I need to ask you if you'll marry me before I go crazy. Before I met you I didn't want anything else in life but to take care of my dragons. However one never really knows when they will find a random woman sleeping in their bed. I never wanted kids not until I met you. I thought they were a waste of my precious dragon time and that I would never find someone I truly wanted to have them with. Even though it wasn't guaranteed at all we know have this little miracle baby. I promise you y/n I'm not just asking you this because your pregnant it's merely just a bonus."

"Charlie I don't want you to feel obligated to ask."

"I'm not y/n I'm not asking because you are pregnant I would have asked if you weren't. So please marry me."

"Ok yea." You smiled and he put the ring on your finger and kissed you. "I'm kind of tired. Maybe you should carry me back." You suggested.

Charlie lent down and you got on his back as he began to walk home.

"I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. When my stomach is huge I won't be able to do this anymore."

"I'll just have to give you piggy back rides more often then won't I?"

"Yep."