chapter 20

" Are you okay ?"

" Here you go Miss Kim, this is exactly what I asked for, thank you for paying attention" And jisoo's question was skillfully ignored. As taehyung continued to talk about the report she had handed in, jisoo's mind worked overtime.

Everyday for the past few weeks the latter had been coming in to work looking exhausted. His obnoxiousness and meltdowns had also been kept in check, which was so unlike the taehyung everyone knew.

If jisoo had to be straightforward, taehyung looked horrible. His unkempt presence and lack of personality was seriously starting to affect her and everyone else. All the employees had gotten lazier and were shirking from work, having no strict supervision. God knows how many times she had caught the staff playing games on their computers or gossiping together instead of completing their assigned tasks.

Maybe she was reading too much into it because when it came to taehyung, kim jisoo's mind could run everywhere and anywhere.

She had tried to wheedle information out of chaeyoung multiple times but hadn't been much successful. Her best friend was as useful as monk who'd taken a vow of silence. But jisoo wasn't the type to give up easily.

When she saw an opportunity, she took it.

And now was her chance. Taehyung was satisfied by her work and looked way too exhausted to fight her off. Kim Jisoo was a cat, she saw the possibility and pounced.

But Kim Taehyung was a fox, far more cleverer and sharper then her.

" Stop ignoring me please, I know something's up " boom, her final shot.

The man in front of her looked up with an unreadable expression on his face and jisoo almost catapulted into the fourth dimension. Fuck it, she pissed taehyung off again.

She had already started muttering her apologies, ashamed and embarrassed at her plan backfiring and hitting her in the face when taehyung's stony face broke into a smirk. A smug, self absorbed smirk.

" Worried about me this much Miss Kim? I've heard some interesting tales of your curiosity and concerns regarding me from chaeyoung but i never thought your worry would outweigh your hate for me "

Jisoo flushed. Had she really been this obvious ?

Before she had the chance to cut in, taehyung continued seemingly unaware of the mortification written on his employee's face.

" Alas here we are ! To be honest, it is rather a pleasant change to see your worry instead of the usual cold treatment you met out towards me or the recent jumpy and shy demeanor, which was getting heartily annoying" This was way too much for the red haired girl.

The sense of humiliation coursed through jisoo's veins like fire, she had never felt this embarrassed or insulted in her whole 26 years of life.

Just when she thought the situation couldn't get anymore discomfiting, taehyung raised his voice again, all amusement in his tone replaced by pure coldness and quiet anger.

" I appreciate your concern Miss Kim I but would be grateful if you kept yourself out of my business. I assure you, your interference is not needed and will not be welcomed. You can leave now "

Note: TYSM FOR 1K, I STILL CANT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED AND IM SO SO SO GRATEFUL AND SHOCKED. ILY ALL SM AND ILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE AND KEEP U GUYS SATISFIED. TYSM AGAIN<33