chapter 10

Third persons pov :
Jisoo sat at the computer, typing away feverishly, her tongue poked out in concentration. She was the only employee left beside Sandara the receptionist. The other workers were all gone and the department was eerily empty.

The clock chimed 11 but jisoo paid no attention. She was working overtime, and yes she had to complete the document. It was a very important part of a project and jisoo couldn't mess it up.

But she was just so exhausted, she could barely keep her eyes open and she had already downed 3 coffees to keep awake. What else could she do?

Her whole day had been better that usual. She had approached Taehyung in a civilized manner and he had returned the politeness to an extent. The snarky and sarcastic remarks didn't count because that was just a part of him. She couldn't change that.

Her mind was so focused on what she was doing that she didn't notice the lights go out. She also didn't hear the tell tale sound of footsteps. Someone was coming down from the top most floor and you didn't need to guess twice who it was.

Jisoo didn't realize that Taehyung was outside her cubicle, till she heard his deep, masculine voice state " Miss Kim, what are you doing here so late? It's well past the employees leaving time."

Jisoo looked up, clearly startled. There was no way she could tell her boss that the assignment given to her, she had delayed it and was now completing it late at night. Taehyung would go ballistic if she told the truth. " serves you right if he does. You've become even more ignorant than usual" she silently scolded herself.

She knew that he was waiting for an answer. But what excuse could she make?

" I uh.... I um..." she was at a loss for words.

Taehyung looked at her with eye brows raised. He clearly could see that his personal assistant was hiding something and maybe, just maybe he had an idea about what it was.

Jisoo saw a smirk forming on Taehyung's face. " Miss Kim I think I'm correct in noticing that the assignment I gave you, the document. It hasn't been completed yet"

She froze and after realizing that she had been caught, blushed. " Y-yes S-ssir but I - I'll completed it to-dday" she said in a trembling voice and waited for Taehyung's wrath to fall upon her and haunt her nightmares.

But she waited in vain. The moment she looked up, she got the shock of her life. Taehyung was regarding her silently but a tiny, micro small, not even properly decipherable smile grazed his lips.

" it's very late Miss Kim. You can go home now. Kindly complete the document tomorrow and from now on, please be punctual. Good night" Taehyung said and left without a single glance, leaving a stupefied Jisoo to stare at his retreating figure

She couldn't process this properly. Taehyung, the man who worked his employees like slaves, had given her leave! This man hated her as much as she hated him, how had he been so kind?

Okay, he hadnt beenthat kind. His attitude was still cold but jisoo had seen enough of his tantrums to know that what he did today was extremely rare. It was unbelievably human.

Maybe he was being considerate after all. He had wished her a good night, that was a sign of niceness right?

So despite being completely exhausted and worn out, jisoo left her cubicle with a smile on her face and an Unusual warmth in her heart.

Hllo lovies,
I'm back with another update. I hope ya all like it. Please vote and comment. It rlly encourages me alot. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book.
Till the next update,
Love,
Rosie