chapter 5

Taehyung pov :
Taehyung stood outside the hospital room. He peeked in through the window, to see a frail man lying on the hospital bed, completely unaware of the fact that he was outside.

He forced a smile on his face and pushed the door open, and walked in. The frail man looked up and his face lit with the same beautiful fatherly smile for his son. No matter how sick he was, he always had a grin on his face for his son whom he loved with all his heart.

Taehyung leaned forward,all his coldness temporarily vanished as he kissed his father on the forehead saying " hey appa. How are you doing today?"

He knew his father would say that he was feeling amazing but he knew better. His father only did that to console him but it didn't help. He knew his father didn't have long to live. This broke him even more, knowing that the only person he loved fiercely was not going to be with him long. That's why he had promised himself to make his father's last few months happy by paying the heaviest prices set by his mother.

It angered taehyung to know that his father had spent all his life trying to show his mother how much he loved her and earning her a heaven with his money. But in return all he got was betrayal but he stuck to the woman he loved because he couldn't live without her. It hurt him to see his mother take his father for granted and go all lengths to break his heart.

" I'm more than okay son" his father said cheerfully. Taehyung smiled sadly. He wasn't okay, the hundred iv drips and medicines hooked to him and his pale face bore testimony to how he was feeling.

" well my brave appa is definitely okay and looking much better " he also played along, feeling a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

His father smiled a tired smile.

" how's your mother?" He asked lovingly.

Taehyung's face turned to stone. He didn't want to talk about the woman who had made life hell for the both of them.

Noticing the silence and his son's expression, Mr.Kim said gently " son you know that inside you love her as well. You know I love her more than anything in this world. Why don't you love your mother too?"

Taehyung's heart Turned. Of course his father didn't know all his mother had done behind his back. Taehyung had always pretended that he had issues with his mother because she was so bossy and demanding. This was just partly the reason he despised her. Whenever he tried to feel warm towards her, all that negligence, cruelty and torture came back to him and his heart hardened.

But his father was so innocent. If the truth was revealed to him, he'd break into pieces. Taehyung wasn't going to do such a thing even if his life depended on it.

So in a hard tone he answered " she's fine and she said she misses you" this was a clear lie but the reaction on his father's face was priceless.
The old man's face lit up and his eyes shined.

Taehyung had to quickly Turn away before his happy father could see the helpless tears in his eyes.

He would let him be happy in his fantasy. But this just proved how fucked up his life was. He was dealing with so much at once and seeing the love and contentment in his father's eyes was too much to bear.

His heart tore in pieces but there was little he could do. He was helpless against everything. The smile and happiness had stopped him from saying so many things to his father. He didn't want to ruin his happiness.

See how fucking helpless he was?

Heyo bbys
Update again....
Love ya
Rosie♡♡♡♡♡