Part 2: I'm guilty of treason

Friday afternoon:

I was just finishing up preparing the pizza I was making for Amy and me. She was supposed to be here in about 30 minutes. That just gave me time to clear my kitchen and put the pizza in the oven. I'm glad I had showered and put my classic smokey-eye make up on early. I contempleted on yesterday and was happy with what I had got to done: cleaning my whole little house, loads of laundry washed, a bonus workout from that. I also had time to check my e-mail for a respond on my travel article from Minnesota. That payed off with a big, fat check that I'll recieve in the mail next week. That gave me another reason to celebrate this evening! I even made a trip to the nearest shopping mall and found Thirty Seconds To Mars' cd which they released a couple of years ago and that was on full blast right now. And Jared's voice sounds soo amazing! I was picturing his blue eyes as I heard him singing. I was really looking forward to meet him again. I started to smile everytime I thought about him. I wondered what Amy would think of Jared. Or his band and their music. While I contempleted on that, I put the pizza in the oven and went to my bedroom to change. I had bought a pair of black skinny jeans which I completed with a red tanktop and a white shirt over, unbuttoned. I was planning to wear my black Doc Martens boots and my black leather jacket. A classic "rock chick look" which I hoped would impress him. To top it off, I draped a big silver "statement" piece of jewelery around my neck and big earrings dangling on each side of my head and a big silver cufflike bracelet on my right wrist and a big watch on my left wrist and a big silver ring on each ringfinger. I had curled my hair and it hung loose around my head. It had been a long time since I was out like this, and I wanted to look and feel great. And I did too!

I headed back to my kitchen to take the first bottle of white wine out of the fridge and sat it on the table before setting it with plates, glasses and cutlery. And a big bowl of salad to go with the pizza. The timer "dinged" ready and just as I sat the pizza down on the counter, my doorbell rang. I walked quickly to my entrance door and opened it, and there she was. We greeted each other and embraced in a tight hug. "Hi Amy! It's so good to see you again. I've missed you so much. And you look great!" I said to her, looking at her with wavy, brown shoulder lenght hair, beautiful big brown eyes, her gorgeous smile. Wearing a black hoodie, jeans shirt, black skinny jeans and grey converse.
Amy "So do you Jean. Your outfit looks so great on you! And I've missed you too, girl! I'm so looking forward to our evening out together. " Me "C'mon in. The pizza is ready. I hope you're hungry!" A "I'm starving. I didn't have time for dinner after work so pizza sounds perfect! It smells delicious too. Here, I brought a bottle of our favorite white wine." She handed it to me and we walked to my kitchen. She sat down at the table while I cut the pizza into slizes and put it down on the table. Amy opened a whine bottle and poured both our glasses full. A "let's tosast for an evening full fun" we clinked our glasses and each took a sip. It was so fruity and fresh: the perfect Riesling. Amy "so, any suggestions of where to go tonight? Cuz I've got no clue. Unless you want to check out this new club on HB that opened at NYE?" Me "as a matter of fact I do. I'm invited to tonight's show at the Boiler Room. Wanna go with me? I can bring a +1!" A "how did this come about? Anyone of your connections in Hollywood?" Me"nope. I met someone on Wednesday, and he happens to be a singer in the band who's playing there tonight. We're actually listening to their CD right now" (I had put it on repeat). Amy"he?! You met a guy and he invited you to his gig?! I'm so excited to go. They sounds great by the way. His voice sounds amazing! Do ya think you'll get some action with him tonight?" she asked, winking miscieveious at me. I grinned and blushed before I answered "hah, we just met, so I don't think so. But he intrigues me, so I hope to get to know him better. We met at the Chinese restaurant down the street from here. He actually approached me and asked if we should eat together, I accepted and it felt like we had known each other for years. There was this instant connection between us. We became friends very quickly. We're practically on the same wavelenght!" Amy's jaw almost dropped to the table and she quickly swallowed her piece of pizza with wine before answering "Wow, he must be some guy, who can make you talk about him, and not your ex for the first time since you broke up with him. Does this wonderboy have a name?" Me"well, Pete cheated on me. And to be honest, I don't think he ever loved me. My new friend's name is Jared and his band is Thirty Seconds To Mars. And I like him." A"yeah, I kinda got that. And I'm glad you've met someone. No matter what your friendship turns into" Me"we'll just wait and see how things progress. What about you? Have you met anyone?" A"nope. I was at a party on New Years Eve with a collegue of mine. She sat me up with an old friend of hers, but he wasn't my kind of guy. He's an arcitect, but he was sooo boring! So I lost his number even before I got home. So I'm hoping to meet a guy tonight, so this teacher right here can have some fun!" she grinned. I laughed at her direct comments like that. Amy was such an honest and straight-to-the-point person. Different from me, but I love her big heart and her kind smile. Me"you never know who you'll meet Amy. Mby we both get lucky tonight?" I blurted out. Amy almost chocked on her wine and giggled before she answered"that bad, huh? Oh I bet Jared won't say no to you looking like that!" Me"no, it's not like that. I need to know him better, I have to make sure he's not a player. You'll understand when you see him" I winked at her. A"oh now you got me intrigued. But I'll play along. And I get ya: you don't wanna get burned again. Or just have a rebound guy" Me"nope. He definately is no rebound guy!"

We finished eating pizza and cleared the table together. Then we put snacks on my coffee table and sat down on my couch with the bottle of wine she brought and continued our party, drinking and confided in each other like best friends do. I really admired Amy: she was the first person who truly saw me after I moved here five years ago. I joined a yoga class at the local gym and I worked out besides her. We introduced ourselves to eachother, had dinner and coffee after the class and became good friends very quickly. We have the same sense of humor, similar taste in (rock) music and are at the same age. She works as a teacher in middle school in a "rich" school district here in LA and loves her job.

Two hours went quickly and suddenly the time was 7 in the evening as I checked to take my mobile off the charger. Me"wanna head out now? The doors at The Boiler Room opens now, and the guys go on in two hours. I want to stay in front!" grinning at her. Amy"Sure. Just call a cab and I'll finish my drink" I called the cab company and in ten minutes we had both been to the bathroom, finushed our wine and headed out to the awiting taxi cab to take us to The Boiler Room.