Part 15: The end is coming

Author's note: this is a chapter of transition. Probably the next one will be as well. I also want to thank you all for your patience in my absence and lack of updates. I've had a lot going on in my life and haven't had the time, energy or the inspiration to write. Since this is a story with elements outside of my comfortzone, I feel it needs thurrow attention when I write it. Hopefully updates will be more frequent in the future. Because this story is far from done. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter none the less. And don't forget to vote after you've read it, and don't be shy to comment what you think! Hugs and kisses from Jean :)

Jared and I was sitting in his living room, talking about the art of photography. He told me about his friend Terry Richardson who lived and worked in New York. I knew about him by reputation only, since he had been shooting with some of the same models and celebrities as I had. I had seen some of his work in some fashion magazines that I read from time to time for research and inspiration. "Is he the one who's taking the pictures for your next album, or PR-photos?" I asked him. "No, we haven't decided on that part yet. There's still a lot to do on our album, like mastering, fine tuning, planning press-release. The photo shoot will have to wait until after we've talked to our label. But we get to choose who gets to do what. Except from mastering. That is in their hands." Jared answered. "When do you plan to release it?" I leaned forward, eager to know. "Sometime this summer. We'll know the deadline this week. We play 6 songs for them, about half of the tracks, let them know the progress of the rest and we take it from there. Why?" "I'm just curious. I'm really looking forward to hear all about it!" "Then you're in luck, since you're coming with us, hearing us play!" "I guess I am!" I grinned at him. And just then we heard the doorbell ring, and Shannon's voice shouted:"hey bro, you decent? We brought chinese for lunch. Get it while it's still warm!" We both giggled and went to the kitchen, hand in hand and greeted them both with hugs. Amy looked at me intently, nodded at the mark she saw on my neck. "I'll explain later" I mouthed to her, and giving her a wink. Shannon put the bags with the containers of food on the kitchen table and said:"so, we have vegan stur fry for Jared, Kong Pao chicken for Jean and Amy, if that's alright, and pork with veggies and rice for me!" He grinned, I nodded and took the box and the chop sticks from him, smiling "thank you" at him. Jared grabbed four cans of Pepsi Max from the fridge and placed them on the table. We all sat down and started to eat. I recogniced the logo on the boxes from the restaurant Jared and I had met just 4 days ago. I chuckled at the thought and Shannon looked at me puzzled: "what's so funny Jean? Anything wrong with the food?" I just grinned at him and shook my head. "No, nothing's wrong. I just realized you brought food from the same Chinese reastaurant Jared and I met this Wednesday, and we are eating the same food as we did then!" Jared looked up at me, then at our boxes, then back at me again and he giggled a bit while he grinned at me, swallowing the food he'd been chewing. "Oh my god, you are right! I didn't realize. Seems like my brother has the same taste in Chinese food as we have!" Shannon shook his head, chuckling to himself. "What?" Amy asked him. "Nothing. It's just that they met only a few days ago, and already they say 'we' and have a favorite Chinese restaurant. They sound like long time lovers or something!" I blushed furiously and tried to hide my burning cheeks behind my soda can. I threw a glance at Jared and caught him staring at me with a mischevious grin and winked at me. I grinned back at him, feeling a bit more relaxed. "I enjoy her company. That's all!" Jared grinned while he grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I blushed again and glanced over at Shannon and Amy. "Who are you, and what have you done with my brother?!" Shannon exclaimed sarcastically at Jared. "What? Can't I have a good time with a girl I actually like!" Jared laughed, released my hand and gave his big brother a slap at the back of his face. "Ouch! Relax, man! I can see why you like her. She's cute and seems really cool. And she must like you, since she lets you manhandle her. Is the sex really that great?" Shannon asked, gesturing to his own neck before he rubbed the back of his head. "Shannon! You did not just ask that! Look, you are embarrising her! So just stop it!" Amy shouted while she giggled at him and swatted his shoulder with her hand. Jared put a protective arm around my shoulder, kissed my temple while he whispered to me:"you ok, babe?" I stroke his arm while I nodded "mmhmm yeah, I'm ok. "Damn it. Ok, I'll stop, or else I'll end up in bruises too!" Shannon mock pouted while he rubbed his shoulder, before his face broke into a wolflike grin at Jared and me. "And what about you too? You seem to have fun together as well, coming over here together?" Jared asked the two of them. "We do, actually. We seem to hit it off on the same wavelength." Amy replied. "Absolutely. She's really cool. And sexy as hell. We get along great!" Shannon countered. "That's awesome! Amy deserves someone who makes her feel good, and you seems like her type, Shannon!" I smiled at them both.
He grinned and winked at me, before he leaned over and gave Amy a kiss on her cheek. She smiled at him, then at Jared and me. The lunch continued without anymore embarrassing comment, only funny anecdotes and getting to know each other. We finished, then cleaned up. Shannon made coffee for us and Amy and I took our mugs and went outside to sit in Jared's front yard to talk, leaving the brothers to have a chat themselves.