𓇬 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝙊𝙢𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩;

"Mina, we've been waiting forever! Are you sure he's coming?" Jaemin asked, dreading the indoor of the car. He's been sitting waiting for what feels like an hour, but in reality it was barely reaching twenty minutes.

"I thought it would be a good idea to be thirty minutes early, just in case..." Mina said sheepishly.

"Early for what!" Jaemin groaned, pulling the lever of his seat and leaning his chair back.

"I don't know, but my mom always tells me that early is on time and on time is late!" Mina grinned.

"Your mom is delusional." Jaemin said jokingly. "So anyway, when are you going to tell me what you've been hiding? I'm getting curious I can't do this any longer."

"It's a good thing I was early, cause there's what I've been hiding from you." Mina pointed out the glass window of Jaemin's Audi, revealing a dark haired boy coming out of the passenger side of another car. For Jaemin, time turned slowed down and he looked at him with absolute adoration. Jaemin's heart pounded as time returned to normal, and he pulled the lever one last time to lean him back farther than the previous one where you couldn't see him.

"Mina, I hate you for this." Jaemin said, sweating at the sight of Jeno.

"You're welcome, Jaem." Mina laughed. "Come on, you look great. Who knows, maybe after this you'll get closer."

"Could say the same with you and Mark." Jaemin said, crossing his arms and refusing to pull up his seat.

"Should we wait five minutes? They're already inside." Mina asked.

"Make that ten." Jaemin claimed, still not willing to get up from his seat.

"I don't want to make them wait too long." Mina said, trying to pull Jaemin up. It was just no hope. He was frozen. "Fine, we can wait ten minutes if it means you'll get up from that seat by then."

Jaemin nodded hastily. While they waited for ten minutes to pass by, Mina thought about what she would say to Mark once they made it inside of the ice cream parlor.

"Hey, Mark! And your friend— no. You sound stupid."

"Mark! Hey! You look nice! Would that be weird?"

"Mark! Sorry we're late! But it's only ten minutes off... Oh god, Mina."

Mina found Jaemin laughing quietly.

"I know what you're doing." He chuckled. "You're fantasizing scenarios in your head! Oh, Mina." He rolled to his side and laughed.

"I just don't want to look stupid in front of him. Come on, you probably do the same thing with his friend!" Mina said, pushing Jaemin over.

A few minutes later, Jaemin finally had the guts to face them. He pulled up his seat lever to bring him back up to eye level with Mina.

"You ready?" Mina asked. Jaemin nodded. Living in his fantastical world, he imagined he and Mina walking out the car in slow motion, wind blowing in their hair and all. It gave him a chance to feel like the main character. Mina opened the door and Mark immediately saw her.

"Mina! Over here!" He waved his arms back and forth.

"That's her?" Jeno asked, but not in any menacing way. He thought she looked like a cute baby angel.

"Yeah, be cool, man." Mark whispered.

Jaemin saw Jeno sitting next to Mark and he immediately froze. Mina was alarmed that he abruptly stopped walking, and nearly panicked.