𓇬 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙇𝙚𝙚

"Hey, I'm Sicheng." He shook my hand.

"Mark Lee." I said.

"So, I'm going to be straightforward with you." He started. I raised an eyebrow to what he had to say. He looked around to make sure Principal Han or anybody else wasn't listening in. "I know that I'm in National Honor Society, and I'm number five in the student ranking for seniors, but I'm not capable of tutoring a student."

"So, you don't want to tutor me?" I asked.

"If you have absolutely no one else, I'm your last resort. I'm smart learning by myself, but I'm no teacher. I'm here for the volunteer hours." He confessed. I liked that he was honest about it so I wouldn't waste my time.

"That's fine. I can talk to someone else." I replied, giving him a sense of relief.

"Sorry I couldn't be much help. But if I were to recommend anyone, it's Doyoung. He's super smart and probably has better teaching skills than me." He suggested. I gave him a small smile.

"Sure thing. Thanks for letting me know." I told him, before he went back to the other table of tutors. The next one was a shorter boy, very narrow shoulders, and looked a bit shy. He had thin, round glasses and dark hair. He doesn't seem thrilled to see me. He wouldn't say anything for a first few seconds so I ought to initiate conversation.

"Hey, I'm Mark." I said.

"Y-Yeah, I know." He said. It was all that he said, actually. I couldn't understand this guy's deal. Did he dislike me? He said he knew who I was.

"Oh, you know?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're talked about quite a lot." He replied. Maybe some rumor was spread that got to him. He didn't really speak much.

"So, what's your name?" I asked, casually.

"Renjun." He replied.

"Cool." I said. "Are you able to help me with a couple subjects?"

"Are you pulling some mean prank on me?" Renjun asked directly. I was genuinely confused to what he was talking about.

"What?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know what people are saying about me but I'm just a guy who plays basketball and needs a little help with my classes. That's it."

"I'd love to help, but I just can't risk it. Sorry." Renjun said. It seems that these rumors aren't the best for my rep.

"Renjun." I called before he stood up from his seat. He looked back at me for a moment. "Don't believe silly rumors, yeah? Maybe if we got to know each other it could be wrong."

All he did was nod his head and returned to the table. I don't think I'm ever going to get a tutor here. The next one who came walking over was an older girl, short brown hair with bangs. She looked like a very serious student. She took a seat and shook my hand.

"Hey, I'm Ma—"

"Yes, Mark. I know." She interrupted. She seemed very energetic. "I'm Seungwan, but everyone just calls me Wendy. So you need tutoring?"