𓇬 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙆𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙖

The moment I saw Mark Lee walk into the library, I couldn't believe my eyes. I would have never expected him, a three-time regional basketball champion to end up looking around a library. When Principal Han said that Mark was looking for a tutor, I crossed my fingers hoping that it would be me. I wished and wished and hoped so hard for this chance, even sacrificing my Saturdays. Then he said it. He said my name. For the first time. Years and years of doing nothing, I had my chance.

Mark looked at me with his charming, crooked smile. When it comes to tutoring students, I am able to keep my cool and remain professional. If Mark and I interacted in another way, I wouldn't have been able to say anything.

I kept my professionalism when we exchanged numbers. I can't let my own personal feelings get in the way of helping him improve his grades. I couldn't help but to feel butterflies inside when he first sent me a message. I immediately changed his contact name.

Would the name "Baby Lion" be too weird for someone I'm tutoring? I guess it is. Maybe just 'Mark' will be fine. But it's so dull and lame!

Then it hit me, the best name of all contact names. I quickly changed his name to '애기 🦁 마크". Considerably, I'm not the best at names but this one came out so cute. It was a combination of both of my options.

Once after school hours were over, my best friend came walking down the library to pick me up. He was tall, slim, had dark brown hair and a flawless face. He strutted so effortlessly, which made me laugh. He saw me cracking up over by the tables and immediately ran to me.

"You've gotta tell me everything." He says excitedly.

"Jeez, no hey or hello?" I said jokingly.

"My bad," He said. "Hi, Mina. Now tell me everything."

"How about you let me put my things back in my bag and then I'll tell you." I laughed, zipping up my bag after putting back my textbook. "How was practice?" He was in the cheerleading team, being one of the only guys there.

"You know, the usual. Flips and stunts while Captain Yeri bosses us around." He chuckled, but I could still tell that there was some sarcasm in his voice.

"Come on, she can't be that bad." I said, walking with him to the buses.

"You know she is that bad, Mina! You out of everyone should know." He said, throwing his hands in the air.

"I know, but I forgive her. Besides, she didn't even know me before they started dating. Like I even had a chance then." I said, still slightly disappointed this topic was brought up.

In middle school, Yeri and I weren't the greatest of friends but she was one I could tell my struggles to. Mentioned I had a crush on Mark, but eventually as we got older she got rid of me, found new friends, and began dating him once she found out he was a talented basketball player. It hurt at the moment, but I've learned to let those past feelings go and move on.

"I know, but she still hurt you." He said to me. "Anyway, enough about that sad stuff. What happened in the library today?"

"Basically, Mark is failing his classes and needs a tutor before he gets kicked out from the team." I explained.

"He's failing? Now that's dish." He laughed.

"Hey, don't laugh at him. Maybe he's having a hard time understanding." I said, trying to empathize for Mark.