𓇬 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙇𝙚𝙚

I awoke from slumber in a mood that won't make
my mom happy. I was grumpy. I was angry. Angry at her, angry at my brain for not being able to process information like smarter kids. If I was naturally smart I could play and ace tests at the same time. I went to school without saying goodbye to my mom, and the entire day I was just upset and unwilling to talk.

During lunch I was able to hang out with Jeno and a couple of other guys from the team, and when I told them I might get pulled from the team, they seemed upset.

"Can't you just convince your mom that you'll get those grades up? I tell my mom that and she believes me." Chenle said.

I rolled my eyes. "Listen, rookie. My mom's a tiger mom. No matter what I say to her, grades will always be her number one priority."

"Just try a little bit harder in your classes that you have a D in. Bring them up to a C and you'll be fine." Jeno said, patting my back.

"There's a problem." I said. "She's threatening to take me out of basketball. I have a feeling she's going to do it as soon as possible."

Jeno looked at me with worry. "She can't do that! Talk to Coach or something, he won't let her just pull you out of the team."

"That's what I was planning to do, maybe if I tell him beforehand this situation can be over." I said.

"Mark Lee." Principal Han said sternly behind me. I couldn't see him, but I could hear the plummeting boom of him calling me. Chenle looked up, I could see the worry from his eyes. Jeno turned around too, leaving me the only one who has yet to face our principal.

I turned around, looked at him with a sheepish smile. "Hey, Principal Han."

"Come to my office after school, will you?" He said. "I assume you don't have practice today."

I nodded my head quickly. "Yeah, yeah, for sure."

"Don't be late." He said. I nodded one more time before he left the cafeteria.

"You are dead as hell." Jeno said.

"Guess your plan won't work now." Chenle added.

I sighed, put my face in my hands. "I know that, genius. I don't know what else to do."

"Hey, we don't even know exactly what Principal Han is going to say, right? Chenle tried to comfort me.

"I could only think it's about the grades. Or maybe my mom emailed him, god I don't know." My mood completely depleted for the rest of the day.

After class finished, I headed on down to the principal's office, wondering what he had to tell me. To my surprise, inside I saw Principal Han, Coach Sooman, and my mom?

I knew it, she definitely sent an email.

"Hello, Mark. Have a seat." Principal Han said sternly. I have no idea what I just got myself into. "Mrs. Lee, we're here to discuss about your son Mark's situation."

"I just wanted to confirm pulling Mark from the team so he could focus on his studies." My mom said. Before I could interject, Coach spoke.

"Mrs. Lee, isnt it a bit drastic to pull Mark out entirely? Maybe you could help raise his grades and keep him on the team?" He suggested. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Mark's GPA and grades are lower than the qualifying standard for sports! That should take him out of the team, nonetheless!" My mom argued. I wanted to faceplam myself in disbelief.