𓇬 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙇𝙚𝙚

"So you just plug in these numbers into this equation thingy, and that's the answer?" I asked Mina, writing down the equation that she showed me.

"Yeah, and there's a bunch of these equations. If you have some sort of like notepad for your physics class, all you'll have to do is write down the equations instead of trying to memorize them all." She explained fluidly.

I spun my pencil around, looking at the different equations that the textbook had. "Dude, they're all just right here. Why didn't I notice that?"

"You just need someone to guide you." Mina smiled.

"Yeah, well you're much better than my physics teacher." I laughed, continuing my physics work. "Hey, can you watch me do this question by myself? I wanna try it all on my own."

"Yeah, sure. I won't give you hints." Mina said. I scooted a little to the right.

"Sit next to me. I don't think you'll see my process if you're sitting at the front." I said, trying to get her to sit next to me.

"Alright, if it helps you out." Mina said, getting up from her seat and sitting on the chair next to me. I could feel her presence and concentration. Her full attention on me as I solved the world problem all by myself thanks to her. I saw her nodding her head in satisfaction as I circled my final answer. She leaned over to see what I wrote down.

"That's correct." Mina said. I was still looking at my paper, but I turned to face her to show her that I was happy to solve it all by myself, but I didn't expect her to be so close to me.

My eyes widened as I was three centimeters maximum away from her face. Her eyes, despite already being so big, just doubled in size. Her pupils dilated. I think I just made things weird because froze. I backed away from her a little and cleared my throat.

"M-My bad..." I said softly.

"You're fine!" She said, but it didn't seem like it was fine. She was acting weird. I couldn't blame her, I turned my head too fast now I made the atmosphere awkward. "You're a super fast learner! How did you end up needing a tutor in the first place?"

I was amazed at Mina's professionalism. She was very good at this. "I don't know, I guess regular class isn't as engaging. But when you're teaching me it's actually like, interesting."

Mina smiled at my compliment. I hope she knew that I really meant it. I hated going to class. But if she was the one teaching me everyday, I knew I'd ace it.

"I'll get back to my seat, so I'm not invading your personal space." Mina said, but I grabbed her arm before she could go.

"Stay," I said, realizing that it could have been taken a little differently than what I intended it to. "I-It's easier for you to see my work this way."

She made a blank face, but agreed to stay next to me. I let go of her and she continued to help with the homework of the subjects I was struggling in. Each equation she guided me, and I listened for the first time in my life.

When we tacked my precalculus work, I struggled a bit and it made me frustrated.

"I don't get it! Why isn't that an answer but that one is?!" I said, rambling my fingers through my hair. I felt stupid again.

"Mark, Mark, it's okay. It's okay if you don't understand it right away. I didn't when I was learning this." She tells me with a comforting voice.

"Yeah, but, I just don't get it." I groaned.