𓇬 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙉𝙖 𝙅𝙖𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣

I became flustered at the tiny piece paper Jeno put in my hand. He didn't even look at me when he did it, he just shoved it without acting like he did. I closed my hand in a fist and held it tight as I watched him leave.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought." Mina said to me. She seemed relieved that today didn't end up as a total failure.

"Y-Yeah..." I said, still clasping the paper underneath my hands.

"So..." Mina started. "How is Jeno?"

I looked at her with a you-already-know face. "How is Mark?"

Mina flustered once again. It's so funny how she gets so crazy over Mark but keeps it in whenever he's around. "The usual... I still like him. If anything this made me like him even more!" She said in distress.

Mina and I walked back to my car, continuing the conversation. I quickly put the paper Jeno handed into my pocket, saving the suspense for later, but I also wanted to hear my best friend gush about her feelings more than her interrogating me about Jeno.

"If anything, I have to get rid of my feelings for him." She said.

I frowned. "Now why would you do that?"

She shrugged. "I can't let my own emotions get in the way of helping him, and Yeri is going to hate me if she knows I still haven't gotten over him."

"You like him right? Doesn't that just motivate you to help him even more? If anything, your feelings are helping, you'd hate to see him fail so you'll do the best you'll can for him." I said. Even I impress myself with the quality of advice I give.

"I guess I never saw it that way." Mina leaned back on her seat. "I'm kind of excited to start tomorrow. But then I'll get really busy and we won't have time to hang out." She said disappointedly.

I chuckled. "Mina, we have like five classes together and even though we won't have Saturdays, you can still visit me at practice if you're not tutoring yet. That is, if you're not visiting Mark at his practice." I teased her.

"W-Why would I be at Mark's practice? I'll go to yours but not his! That's too obvious, even for me."

"You do know sometimes the basketball team and the cheerleading team practice in the same gym, right?" I smirked.

"Then no way I'm visiting you! You'll set me up, I know you will!" She crossed her arms.

"You don't wanna see me? But then we'll never get any time to hang out." I made my pleading eyes against her. It always worked.

"I'll come see you, but you only. If I'm seen talking to Mark and Yeri sees, I'm good as over." She said.

I snickered. "Imagine if Yeri became jealous because you showed up to his practice. That would be so funny. It just shows she's insecure."

"I guess she has a reason to be..." Mina started. I love my best friend, but she just doesn't seem to understand how much Yeri messed her over in middle school and the beginning of freshman year.

"It doesn't matter. She did you dirty and never apologized for it. To me, she's still a bad person." I said with my whole chest, despite her being my captain. Never understood why.

"It's like Yeri hurt you instead of me." Mina laughed, but I could tell old wounds still hurt her. "Can I stay at your house for a bit? I don't want to go home because all I'll think about is my busy schedule for the next three months."

"Sure." I replied, thinking it would be a good time to tell her what Jeno gave me earlier. As I approached my house, my mom was outside watering the gardens. She greeted Mina. We were that close.