𓇬 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚; 𝙆𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙖

"So what'll you be doing before the game starts?" Jaemin asked while I walked him to the bus, alongside Jeno.

"I'm staying after school until it starts." I replied.

"Are you by yourself?" Jeno asked. I can sense a little concern in his voice.

"No, no. Mark's gonna be with me." I replied.

Jaemin smirked. "Is he now?" I shouldered Jaemin as he winced. I gave him the death stare. Jeno's here, don't be like that!

However, it was too late. Jeno's eyebrows raised as he gained new information from my blabbermouth best friend.

"You like Mark or something?" He asked with a smile. I was so tempted to smack Jaemin in the head. No one was supposed to know.

"Or something." Jaemin said, trying to save himself.

"Come on, admit it. You like Mark, don't you?" Jeno teased.

"Maybe you can be Jaemin's new best friend. He can't keep a secret, ever!" I crossed my arms. The two laughed.

"I wish I could help you, Mina." Jeno said. "But he's dating Yeri."

Jaemin scoffed. "You need to know the full story."

"Full story of what?" Jeno asked cluelessly.

I stopped Jaemin before he could go further with what he's saying. I didn't need my business being spilled to the guy who's closest to Mark.

"Jaemin! He doesn't need to know." I begged.

Jaemin sighed. "Fine."

"Now I'm curious. You can't just leave me hanging!" Jeno begged the both of us. This was all Jaemin's fault. "Mina, please? If you tell me I won't tell Mark you have a crush on him." He said, threatening me. Jokingly, though. Great.

"Really, you're blackmailing me?" I said sarcastically.

"Blame Jaemin."

I sighed. "You can tell him, Jaemin. But not in front of me! I don't like hearing about it."

"Okay, okay. I'll tell him later." Jaemin gave in. I eventually made it to their bus, and began walking back to the building after bidding goodbye until later. I felt a tug on my bag again.

"Woah, woah, woah. Walking back without me? Come on, Mina. I thought you're better than this?" Mark said, his arm resting on my backpack.

"S-Sorry! I forgot!" I said. It really did slip my mind.

"Tch. How could you forget about me?" He said, pretending to be offended.

"You make it easy." I said as a joke. I meant the opposite of that. Mark put a hand to his heart, acting like it genuinely hurt him. I laughed in amusement. "So what do you plan on doing for the next hour?" I asked while we walked back inside.

"Actually, can we go do homework first?" He asked. I was genuinely surprised at his initiative.

"If that's what you want." I replied. It was a good idea. I had homework myself I needed to get done if I was going to be watching a game all night. I took the seat across from him, getting a clear view of his features.

Ironically, I found myself being the one distracted from my work. I could see him without directly looking. I admired the way he was beginning to change his working habits. He stayed on task. It's like he absorbed my work ethic and interchanged his with mine.