Chapter 3

I don't know how many days it's been ever since Jun died, or that I returned to Hoshiko with news. I couldn't see her. I didn't want to see her. What makes things worse is when I meet her, most likely when I'm older, she'll mourn about the death of her brother. I ended up finding another city, but it was night time and most likely, everyone is asleep by now. I continued to walk through the city and I found a guild that was in the middle of the town. There was a fairy symbol. I think I've heard about this guild. If I'm not mistaken, it's name is Fairy Tail. I walked to the doors and tried to open it. Locked. I looked around. Wasn't there any windows? Anything I could crawl to get inside the place. I then spotted an open window that wasn't far from the ground. I jumped and managed to get a good grip onto it. I jumped inside.

The place was dark, I couldn't see a thing. If only I had some kind of light. I started walking around, bumping into all the chairs. I then touched a counter. I figured that it was the bar counter and jumped over it. I figured this would be a good place to crash for the night. I hid underneath the counter and layed my head down. Would I have to sneak in here everyday? I was most worried about if someone had found me. What would I do then? I didn't know any magic and most likely everyone in this guild had known some kind of magic power. I wanted to learn badly and go on jobs, then I would go back and get Hoshiko. Poor girl, she must be crying her eyes out. This whole thing was my fault, wasn't it? If only I had let her come with us in the first place none of this would have happened. I then closed my eyes and went to sleep.

I felt someone carry me over to one of the tables in the guild. I opened my eyes to see a young woman, who was probably in her twenties. She had curly white hair and blue eyes. She had a gentle smile on her face.

" You're awake!" I looked behind her to see a man who had green hair and blue eyes. I tensed up, ready to attack anyone. Everyone was here, looking at me wondering who I was.

" Are you alright, we found you underneath the counter?" she asked. I didn't answer. I didn't trust anyone, even those who have a gentle smile on their face.

" Looks like she just doesn't want to talk," a boy with blond spiky hair and brown eyes said. The girl next to him folded her arms. She had white hair and blue eyes as well. She looked around my age, at least.

" What's the big deal with thi girl sleeping here anyway?" she asked.

" Quit it Masami," the boy said. I got off the table and dusted myself off.

" You look okay? How did you end up here anyway?" A man with pink hair had asked. Similar to the boy, but his hair had outgrown and it was pink.

" I'm fine," I said quietly. I didn't want to talk to anyone. This was none of their business, in my head anyway.

For a couple of days and I was still hanging out at the guild, though I didn't exactely play with anyone. They had kids here that were Hoshiko's age. I bet she would be playing and laughing the whole time. Back at the guild, there were hardly any kids her age. They would usually be my age or were older than us. I watched the kids play and some of them fighting. What was the point of this guild. My guild was the same, but we suffered first before we could have fun. Two girls then came over to me. One was a woman who was in her twenities and one was about Hoshiko's age. The woman had blond hair and brown eyes. The little girl pink hair and brown eyes. I was guessing that she was her mother.

" You seem quite lonely over here. Do you want to come and join us?" I shook my head. The girl then looked at me and held out her hand.

" My name is Hikari Dragneel. What's your name?" She sounded so innocent. Though, I didn't answer nor did I take her hand. She pouted.

" You should come over and play," the woman suggested. I shook my head. After a while, she then went back to hang out with the other guild members while Hikari had played with the kids. I continued to just sit and stare across the room from me. My mind was on Hoshiko and how she was holding up. I don't know my way back and I didn't even know the name of the town.
Another woman came towards me, this woman looked scarier than the other woman. She had scarlet hair, like Hoshiko, and black eyes. She wore some armor and a blue skirt.
I looked up at her. She did not looked happy.
"Why don't you play with the other kids"
"Because..." She folded her arms and gave me a hard look. I could't help but shake a bit. She then grabbed my shoulder and started to pull me to one of the tables of the guild. She sat me down in one of the seats and forced me to stay. The kids were looking at me. Their looks had said ' Ooh, you're in trouble!' like immature brats. I crossed my arms and closed my eyes. Though, it felt like someone was next to me and I opened my eyes and looked down. There was a girl, who looked around a year old. She had dark purple hair and big brown eyes. I narrowed my eyes at her. Why was she here? She didn't say anything and just stared back at me.
I didn't say anything and just closed my eyes once more and just and ignored the noise that was in the guild.

Once everyone had left, I went back underneath the counter and closed my eyes. I didn't know when I'll leave this place. I really don't know how I was gonna find Hoshiko and tell her about Jun, but all I know is that I need to stay here for the time being.