Chapter 9

1 year later..

A lot has happened in a year. My black hair is at my back and my eyes looked like they have gotten redder than before. I didn't know what it had meant, but I was afraid that my magic was taking over my body. My magic has also gotten stronger, as I went on jobs with Hikari and Ryuu sometimes. The others thought that paper magic was odd for me, because of my attitude and I looked like I would cause destruction around town. Though, Ryuu was the one who said I would and he destroyed two towns already. 

In the guild, I was playing with my piece of paper. The colors changed as I moved it around. Purple, pink, red, blue, and others. The colors had changed quickly. Masami had joked that the colors had represented my attitude, that I would change quickly. 

" Hey, Ellen!" Ryuu called across the guild. " Let's go on another job!" I sighed. We had already finished a job this morning. I couldn't believe that he had so much energy. 

" Are you gonna go Ellen-nee?" I looked down to find Satu, who was looking up at me with her big brown eyes. She had gotten in the habit of saying nee or nii to us older kids in the guild. I shrugged. 

" I have no idea Satu," I said. 
" Can I go then?" she asked. Wendy had giggled a little bit as she picked Satu up. 

" You can go on jobs when you get older," she said. Satu looked at Wendy, being confused. I sighed and left the table. 

" What kind of job are you thinking of taking?" I asked Ryuu when I walked over to the request board. 

" Maybe bringing something to someone," he said. 
" You can't even keep the town safe," Hikari said behind him. " The only thing you can do is destroy towns and get chased for it." 

I nodded. " You're right about that Hikari." Ryuu scoffed. 

" Say that all you want. Someday I will be able to control my magic power." 

                                                                                 ~

After a week later, Natsu had been teaching Ryuu and Hikari some fire magic. I had watched them practice along with Lucy and Levy. Levy had brought her daughter and son along with her. I wasn't close with her daughter, Satomi, but her son, Tetsu was better. 
I looked at Hikari had concentrated her magic in the palm of her hand. It took a while, but the fire had finally came to in her hand. 

" I can't believe that it took her a while to do this," I said. Lucy nodded. I had admired her long blond hair. I always wanted to do something like that with my hair, but I thought it would get in the way too much. 

" Ryuu has more experience with fire more than Hikari. She wanted to master the keys that I'm holding, but she then watched Ryuu with his fire."

" And that inspired her to do that," I finished. 
" You're good at seeing magic," Satomi said. I nodded.

" It's a habit to know what kind of magic power has it's limits. Fire magic is something like that, but if it was fire dragon slayer magic...then it's something else."

Tetsu then grinned. " Hey, Mom. Can you teach me script magic?" Levy nodded. 
" Maybe when you get a little older," she said. " Magic isn't something to take lightly. I want you to keep that in mind." Tetsu nodded.

" What do you think sister?" 
" Dad is teaching me iron magic right now. I don't think script magic would be my thing." I sighed. Script magic would really fit for Satomi, despite her dull appearance. 

                                                                                         ~

When I returned back to my room in Fairy Hills, I collapsed on my bed. I was tired from the day. Even that job I had done last week had still had an effect on me. From what Ryuu had done, I had a little bit of burns on my skin.

I then had gotten ready for bed. It was comfortable being in bed after a long day. 

                                                                                             ~

I walked through the dim forest. There wasn't anything. No animals, no people. Nothing. 

" Hello?" I called. " Is anyone here?" I continued to look around. I gasped silently and looked behind me. I thought something was there. 

" Ellen," a voice called. I flinched. 

" Who's there?!" I called into the forest. My voice echoed through the wind.

" You'll know me soon enough." I felt my hand form into a fist.

" What do you mean?" I demanded. " Tell me who you are." The voice started to laugh. It was a deep, scary laugh. 

" Stubborn little girl," they said. " I can't wait to see the look on your face when you lay your eyes on me."