The Christmukkah

"Coop, help me out here, this turkey is so annoying," Summer peeked her head in from the kitchen to see Marissa, who was sprawled on the couch in the living room, flipping over a magazine. 

Marissa closed the magazine shut and rose from the couch, throwing the magazine on the coffee table. "What do you need me for, Sum?" She asked, as she approached Summer. 

"Well, I don't know why I volunteered to cook in the first place," Summer was cut in by the sound of knocking on the door which led her to walk away. "I'll be right back." She stated, walking away from Marissa, didn't even take a second glance at the girl.

"Cohen!" Summer grinned and pulled the curly-haired boy in an embrace instantly after seeing him standing before her. Pulling away, she spoke. "What are you doing here?" She asked, letting him come in through the door, then closing it shut. 

"Well, I thought you might need some help, a superhero's help." Seth said. 

Marissa chimed in, "Well, don't just stand there, come on and get in the kitchen!" She prompted, walking back towards the kitchen. 

Not even a minute less, the door already rang again, Summer grunted and walked back to open the door. This time, Ryan was standing before her, carrying a basket in his hold. "Ryan! Come in," She said, taking the basket in her hand. 

"Thanks, um, I was actually looking for Seth," Ryan said, barging into the room, looking around. 

Seth escaped from the kitchen after hearing his name being called out, ignoring the fact that Marissa was yelling at him for ruining the cooking. "Ryan! What's up?" He said, pulling Ryan in a hug. 

"Just wanted to know whether you've told Summer about you know what," Ryan stated, staring right into Seth's eyes. 

"Told me about what?" Summer chipped in. 

Glaring at Ryan, Seth chuckled and shook his head repeatedly at Summer, "Nothing, Summer. Don't worry about it," He said, shoving Ryan away towards the living room when he saw Summer rolling her eyes and got back into the kitchen. "Are you trying to kill me, Ryan?" He deadpanned. 

"I just want you to do the right thing, Seth. You know, sooner or later, she's going to find out," Ryan reasoned.

Summer listened in on their conversation as she walked by the living room, holding in her breath to avoid getting caught. If Seth was hiding things from me again, just know that I'd smack him with a hammer. Then, she remembered that she was also keeping something from him so she shut down the idea and walked away. 

"So, Sum, have you told your dad yet about everything?" Marissa asked, looking up from the bowl as Summer came into the kitchen. Seeing the frown on her friend's face, she added, "What happened? Did you tell Seth?" 

"No, I didn't," Summer replied, avoiding Marissa's gaze. "To both questions." She added. 

"And why is that? You know your dad's coming here for dinner too, right?" Marissa questioned, walking over to Summer, resting a hand on the girl's shoulder. 

Groaning, Summer snatched Marissa's hold, walking away to open up one of the drawers roughly. She was mortified; she had always been in her father's good graces, why did she screw everything up now? 

Summer turned around to look at Marissa, realizing that she wasn't alone there. "I don't know, okay? I'm supposed to tell him everything, and this time I don't think I can. Also because I know that he won't be too happy with me." She explained.

Marissa came to Summer's side, pulling the girl in an embrace. "It's going to be okay, Sum. If he's anything like mine, leaving and going, maybe then you should be worried. But I don't think that's the case now." She assured.