The Party

"I'm busy," Summer screamed to the door when she heard the knock as she brushed her hair and looked at her reflection in the mirror to make sure that she looked decent.  Marissa didn't exactly provide details but all she said was to dress appropriately and what more did you really need to be in a diner aside from a plaid skirt and shirt, right? 

"Too busy to talk to your boyfriend?" The person on the other side shouted back, making Summer get up from the chair, revealing the door open. 

"Cohen? What are you doing here? Weren't we all meeting up at the diner?" Summer asked, brows raised, walking towards the bed to sit herself down on the edge. 

Seth bit his bottom lip, sitting down next to Summer. "Yeah, I thought we could talk about college," He revealed. 

Sweats dripped over Summer's forehead, but she stood up and turned on the TV instead. "What are you talking about? Nothing happened in college, not that much that I'd drop out and come back early anyway." She stated. 

"What?" Seth turned his head toward Summer, "You dropped out?" He questioned. 

"Hypothetically," Summer dismissed, dodging the question as she pressed on the remote to find something to watch. "Anyway, what were you going to tell me about college?" She said.

"Nothing," Seth replied. "You know what, how about we head out now?" He asked, taking one step ahead as opposed to Summer, waiting for her to trail behind halfway through the door. 

Summer nodded, turning off the TV, grabbing a purse off of the rack to slump over her shoulder. She took Seth's hand and slammed the door behind her. As they were approaching the car, Summer threw her car keys to Seth's way that he obviously missed and landed it on the ground. 

"You drive," Summer said. 

Seth rolled his eyes, sighing as he picked up the keys. "Of course, Your Majesty." He retorted. 

"Your music taste still hasn't changed, Cohen," Summer commented when Seth played a tape that he kept on her car just in case. 

"If by that you mean great, then thank you, Summer." Seth stated, his hands reached out to the speaker to pull the volume all the way up. 

"Just the opposite actually," Summer pointed out. "Anyway, what were you going to tell me about college?" 

"Right," Seth repeated, shutting down in a second. He pulled up slowly for a parking spot when they reached the diner. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he turned to Summer. "Looks like we're here." He announced, narrowing his eyes at the diner that's now crawling with people dressed fancy from head to toe, classical music was playing faintly in the background. 

"Fine," Summer gave in. "But just for tonight." She blurted, turning the door to get out of the car along with him by her side. 

They made it to the door where they were greeted by Marissa and Ryan lurking behind her, embracing them both in a hug. "Guys, you made it," Marissa greeted, pulling away after. 

"Yeah, what is this, anyway?" Summer asked, looking around the place where everyone was dancing and some were mingling and talking to each other. All of them holding a glass in their hands, sipping on it every once in a while. 

"Well, you know those guys in the corner?" Marissa motioned over the curly-headed guy with framed glasses, the only one who would wear glasses in a room, talking to someone before them. She continued when she saw Summer nodding her head, "Well, that's one of the producers that got involved with casting. I got them all at this party with a little help from someone, so that you can have your chance with him." She explained.