Chapter 7 : The Silence Of The Dead

You opened the cabin door to see Minene dabbling on a bomb. While sighing you close the door behind you and sit down next to her. You pick up on of the self-made grenades that she had finished. She looked at you while putting away the parts of the bomb that she had been dabbling with and said, "What's wrong, little mouse?"

You exhaled and replied, "I killed another diary user. There are only 8 of us left now." Minene grinned and patted your back, "Great! I knew you had it in you!"

You nodded lightly while opening your future diary.

Diary of Trust

18:56 Kosaka and Aki trust you.

19:23 Hinata and Mao trust you.

... At least I got their trust... God damn it, why do Yuki and Yuno bother going to school?! They ruin everything! I get a little peace and quiet then... ugh fuck...

Minene pulled you out of your thoughts by asking, "Anything else? Even if you killed someone you're extremely late." You rolled your eyes while putting away your future diary and saying, "You sent me to a school! I made some friends and we hang out sometimes."

She raised an eyebrow while starting to play with her hands, "That's it?" While sighing you said, "Yes, you can believe me since I'm pretty much reliant on them..." ... Especially today... I barely helped and who knows, maybe they still like Yuki... ugh Fuck...

Her eyes widened as she turned to look at you, "How in hell are you reliant on them?" As you sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck you said, "I walk slow so they offered to carry me down the stairs and stuff..." Minene slapped her hand on her forehead while groaning, "I can't believe your classmates carry you. That's it, you're staying here until you can walk and run faster."

You lightly glare at Minene and quietly, but sarcastically, mumble, "Perfect timing, really..."

She glared back at you, "Tell me, why was my timing so perfect?" ...Shit... she heard me. I might as well tell her... one of us is going to die anyways so there is no use in keeping secrets... "I kissed my friend today, not going to school might make things awkward."

Minene started laughing, "Seriously? You teenagers make everything so complicated! You're in a survival game and that's what you're worried about?!"

You sunk into your seat in shame, "Just great." After she had finished laughing she said, "Anyways, I didn't know you were a lesbian."

While widening your eyes you yelled, "Good God Minene! I can be friends with boys too!" She chuckled, "I'm kidding, stop being so uptight." ... We're in a survival game and have to kill each other, sorry that I'm not exactly the life of the party!...

Minene then continued, "Tell me more about him." You narrowed your eyes while asking, "Why?" She sighed and answered, "Because you kissed him, also we have no TV... so entertain me."

"Well... He wants to be detective when he grows up."

Minene looked annoyed, "Oh a detective. I knew a guy like that, he was such a pervert." ... To you every guy is a pervert... Well the ones you talk about at least...

You rolled your eyes while getting out of your seat, "I'm going to bed." While snickering she replied, "Yeah but you're still not going to school tomorrow!" As you groaned you yelled back, "I know!"

The next morning you woke up to Minene slapping you with a newspaper, "Wake up, cadet!" You looked out your window to see that it was still dark. You groaned while pulling the sheets over your head. ... Cadet? She's gone mad... As she slapped you with the newspaper again you grabbed at it and groggily said, "I'm up! And let me get ready first!"