Chapter 5 : Friends To Die For

You looked through the scope of your rifle again to see that they were coming closer. ... I won't kill them like this, I want to see the look in their eyes when I pierce a knife into their throats...

While lowering the gun you looked around for the bullets that would paralyze them after entering their blood streams. After you had found them you noticed Minene had disappeared for quite a while. You shrugged it off while mumbling, "She's a damned terrorist she can take care of herself."

The loaded rifle was aimed at Yuno and Yuki as you started walking over to them. You looked through the scope and shot Yuno in her chest, Yukis eyes widened but before he could do anything you shot him in his shoulder. You put away the rifle while getting out a knife, "Minene?! Move your ass!"

Footsteps came from the cabin and as you turned around you saw Minene holding two shotguns, "Sorry I took so long but at least we have these now."

... It's not like anything important happened... we're just about to begin killing... You know... the usual...

She handed you a shotgun as you started walking toward Yuno and Yuki's paralyzed bodies. Minene walked beside you quietly until she said, "Little mouse, you've gotten better at walking, you don't wobble as much."

You looked up at Minene a little annoyed, "Stop calling me little mouse!" You exhaled before continuing, "While you were looking for the shotguns I paralyzed Yuki and Yuno."

Minene smiled at you and replied, "Okay, I'll stop for now. But finally, you can get that hate out of your system. We can't only be focused on Yuno and Yuki's death, there are 9 other diary users left." ...After I kill them there will only be 7 left...

After arriving at the paralyzed bodies of Yuno and Yuki you hovered the knife over Yunos throat. You raised the knife but as you were about to stab her you heard a groan. Your eyes widened as you turned to look at Yuki. He looked around weakly, "Please don't... kill... Y-Yun-" Minene interrupted him by kicking him in the stomach. ...That's your main concern? Yunos life?...

You looked over Yuki's unconscious body to see that his leg looked normal with just a thick layer of bandage around it. His arm was bandaged the same way his leg was. While raising the knife over Yuno again you couldn't help but think about everything. ...I can't kill them... not like this... it's just too boring...

You groaned and threw the knife at a nearby tree, "I can't kill them!"

Minenes eyes widened in shock, "What do you mean you can't? I thought you wanted revenge?!" You looked her in the eye and said, "I don't understand it either! I want to kill them but... I want them to know they lost. Them being unconscious... it's no fun!"

She rolled her eye as she groaned in frustration, "We have to kill them either way! We can't jus-Ugh! Whatever, but at least wound them enough that they don't want to follow us anymore." You sighed and nodded, "Of course."

Minene started walking back to the cabin, "But the next time we see them they'll die. Even if I have to finish the damn job." You turned to look at the paralyzed bodies then walked over to the knife stuck in the tree. After pulling it out you heard rustling behind you. "Shit", you mumbled under your breath.

While pointing the gun in front of yourself, you saw Yuno standing up straight and helping up Yuki. You pulled out the shotgun Minene gave you while getting rid of the knife. You aimed it at them and calmly said, "Leave this forest now, maybe I'll consider letting you live."

Yuno glared at you and said, "Or what? You're going to shoot us? You couldn't even kill us while we were unconscious!" You smirked at them, "Don't you see, that was the exact reason I wouldn't kill you." Yuki's eyes widened as you aimed the gun at them, "We'll leave, just don't shoot!"