Chapter Five

Carter

Meant to be. Friends.

I like it. I don't have many girl friend friend, except my sister best friends since she made me swear in three different languages not to touch them. It's a bro-sis code since she has had problems with that growing up because girls would be friends with her just to reach out to her brothers.

So here I am, taking the first steps on the delicate path of male-female friendship. Especially when this girl is wearing a gray t-shirt that barely covers her waist, with no sign of a bra under, that is hiding underneath a pair of really short shorts that hug her round perky ass so tight... ok, better if I stop myself wondering here now.

The huge French window of the open-space living room lets in a lot of heat and light into the room, and every time Blue passes in front of it, it lights up even more her deep blue ocean eyes that instantly become diamond light-blue. Or her honey colored skin. Or her freckles across her nose and cheekbones. Or her plump heart-shaped lips twitching in an unapologetic grin since I've been caught staring at her. Fuck. She's really gorgeous.

"Do you mind if I switch on the air conditioner? It's hot in here" she says, tying her long blonde hair into a high ponytail, using a white ribbon.

You don't say.

Instead my answer was "Sure, don't mind me", shrugging.

I move my gaze away from her, to reply to a message just received from Noah, letting him know I won't be home for lunch and hopefully for a few more hours.

A metallic noise draws my attention back, and I see her on her tiptoe standing up to reach and takes a pot from the top shelf. As she does so, her t-shirt rises more and more, until it completely shows what's beneath it: nice watermelons shorts, Blue.

"Can I use your phone? Mine is upstair and I like cooking with music in the background"

I sit on the stool in front of the central island, handing her my phone. When he tries to catch it, I jokingly withdraw my hand in a "come and get it" way. She rolls her eyes, trying to hide a smile.

"Nice try Country Club" she says grabbing it back from my hand. "Do you have preferences?"

"Watermelon sugar" I say winking at her. I think she understood what I mean because in a second her cheeks goes from a pink hue to a red one, as she moves her gaze towards the bottom part of her pajamas.

She connects the phone to the speakers positioned on the sides of the suspended wall units via Bluetooth, and the room is filled with the melody of the song I suggested.

"Not so loud DJ" I laugh.

"We won't receive some vocal message from your girly fanbase, right Country Club?" She fires back.

In the game of flirting, two play the game. I like challenges and I don't back down.

"I know how to make pasta" I tease her, getting up from my stool to join her near the stove.

I remember seeing the pasta on the shelf above her head, when she first opened it to find the right pot. As I get closer and closer, she swallows hard as I look up at her, never taking my eyes off of her.

Strawberries on a summer evenin'

Baby, you're the end of June

I want your belly

And that summer feelin'

Getting washed away in you

I look back down and my gaze dips down to her chest, to her nipples now visible under her shirt- thanks God for thin shirt - goosebumps all over her arms, and when I look back up at her, seeing that her gaze lingers on my lips, I can't fucking hold back my smug grin. "Do you like that type of pasta?" I say pointing the pasta package, waiting for an answer.