Chapter fourteen

"Oh, hello brother"

"Oh, hello brother"

My heart drops. I think I've jumped two meters above the bed, likely flew, hearing my lovely sister's voice and figure barging into my room.

"Hello sister. Do you know nothing about knocking? I could have been busy"

"Were you?" She raises a brow playfully at me

"No, clearly" I roll my eyes at her. Thanks God she came after I hid Blue's stripper clothes. That would have been hilarious, as well as complex, to explain what the fuck happened and why her clothes were on my floor.

"Perfect. As I said, get ready. Parents are in town and want us to meet them up for lunch" She says, waving her brown hair off her shoulder as she takes a seat on the chair.

"You should find a girlfriend, or a better cleaner. Seriously?" She snorts dramatically, taking my dirty underwear off my desk and puts them in the laundry basket. "The dirty clothes? The food boxes all around?"

In my defense I didn't have the time, or the will, to throw the two boxes of pizza in the trash. But in any case, they are empty and they don't even smell anymore. I stacked them in a corner, waiting for me to remember them to be thrown away.

"Hey. What can I say? It's called being a bachelor" I counter, sticking my tongue out at her. A smile surprises me, appearing on my face, just because Blue is obsessed with that Bachelor tv shows, and my sister too. They would be like an annoying and crazy duo, a very well pain in my ass. Speaking of Blue and ass...

"Ewww, Carter. This all bachelor thing doesn't suit you anymore" She sighs in surrender.

"Who needs to find a girlfriend?" Noah's words echo from the corridor. He must have heard my sister in my room, considering that my room and his are separated just by a thin layer of drywall wallboard.

I should have known better before that this would be a not too quiet morning.

"Oh, hi Hazel" He says, earning a glaring look from my sister. Olympia has always hated that nickname, which Noah persisted in using clearly to annoy her. And this has been going on for years.

"I thought I was dreaming when I heard your voice, instead you are here. What do we owe you for your visit?"

When he looks up at me grinning I know he's dying to make some smart ass comments about the girlfriend thing, but for his own sake he catches my warning glare and limits himself to flash a cocky smirk to Olympia as he walks the room and sits next to me on the bed.