Chapter sixteen

Last day of august, which means the air is cooling down and the daylight is leaving space for longer nights

Last day of august, which means the air is cooling down and the daylight is leaving space for longer nights. The autumn breeze has been warming the air since last week, and coloring the curled leaves with golden and rich brown hue. It gives warmth to the grass and wilted trees at the side of this road, dried from the hot summer sun.

The road seems like is midnight under the cloud, yet beyond it is only a few minutes after nine in the evening. A few hours ago the sky was completely clear, a beautiful orange sunset was igniting the sky. But now, as I trail up my eyes and a cold shiver jolts down my spine, I notice the clouds have blanketed the sky, hiding the shining stars in their twinkling glory behind their fullness. A promise of rain.

I let my mind wonder when changes will come, maybe as early as tomorrow, or this night like the sky, or perhaps next month or the one after.

I quickly ride with my bicycle to the studio where the figure drawing class is holding, hoping Professor Lautaro will allow me to join them, since I'm ten minute late. And this is thanks to my dear friend Kennedy, the one who started this whole thing.

"I'm sorry Elle, I won't come tonight. I have an appointment" Kennedy called me, just forty minutes before the class started, letting me now that she wouldn't come with me tonight.

"And with appointment you mean a dick one? Ariel could get some after our class, Ken. He won't die dry" I responded, chuckling.

"Just so you know, Bob the Builder can't fix your nasty ass attitude, bitch" She quipped, letting out a laugh "And it's not Ariel... he's a guy from the football team. You should see him, Elle. He exudes alpha hormones and that "I can fuck you and thoroughly" look which makes you d—"

"Okay, okay. I heard enough" I cut her off, rolling my eyes

"If only you knew what you are missing girl" She banters, letting out a giggle

"For example arriving in time at the art studio?" I grumbled, before hearing any other sex-related stuff "I'll see you tomorrow for the advance molecular biology class, okay?"

"We could have breakfast together" She asked

"I'll pass, I have anatomy at 9.00 am and I know you are not a morning person" I smiled, remembering the last time I brought her out of bed earlier than her usual.

"You know me too well, Bionda. Don't stay out too late" She said, joking... was she? Or had something in her mind? I hoped not.

"I should tell you that, Rossa." I said, greeting her once more, and turned off the call.

*****