Chapter nine

Elle

What is all this light in the room?

Let me check the time on the phone.

I move my hand randomly looking for my phone.

Mmm... my Mac?

A plate? What the...?

Oh my God!

I shoot up in a sitting position abruptly, looking right and then left for any human sign or presence in the room or for other stuff other the mine.

Apparently I'm alone.

I breathe out a sigh of relief.

I lift the blanket to see if below... Oh okay. Clothes on!

I spot my phone on the desk and as I press the power/block button I'm partially aware of in which time zone I am right now.

07.00 a.m.

Damn, I slept nearly 12 hours straight.

13 missing texts, from my sister, my best friend and the "Buongiorno Principessa" text from my father.

A yellow sticky note attached to the computer surface catches my gaze. I'm pretty sure I didn't put it myself, plus this is not even my handwriting.

"That Kelsey girl didn't receive a rose. You own me one for seeing it all 'till the end.

P.S. I wanna know what are you dreaming of me - CC"

Did I mumble something in my sleep while he stayed here?

"That ASSHOLE! He spoilered me the final three roses!!" I say loudly, just in case he was somewhere near me or in the house, or in Charlotte's room. You know, never say never.

Time to get up, class starts at... oh 01.00 p.m. Okay, I have time.

>> To Kennedy B. Lawrence: 09.00 a.m. meet me at The Prew. Be there xx

>> To me: You're such a morning person. But I'll be there E. P.S. This is definitely on you $$.

I send a quick text to Kennedy if we can meet up for breakfast or before the class to catch up a little. I have to tell some what - who - is keeping my mind busy lately.

*****

"Hey, Stranger" I spot her red head in front of the coffe shop, waving her hand as she quickens the pace to meet me.

"Ciao Rossa" I say, hugging her "I'm happy to see some familiar and friendly face"

"So what's up baby? You are hugging me a little too long" She says, struggling to get out of my hold "We saw each other literally three for the figure drawing class remember?"

"Always straight to the point" I call back, trying to play dumb as I don't know how much I'm ready to tell her.

"Let's go inside and take a coffee. We have time to spare this morning" She gives me a quick smile, as she opens the door and I follow, trying to ignore the tension sitting on my shoulder.