Chapter ten

"Come on

"Come on. Repeat after me "I won't drink"" Kenny high-pitched voice echoes from the speaker of my phone.

"I won't drink" I repeat obediently

"And I won't absolutely be a slutty drunk again" A laugh erupts from the phone

"And I won't absolutely be... Kennedy Blaire!" I grumble, arching my brows

"Laura Elen! Was it or not you the one kissing that stranger last party?" Her pesky tone is still there

"Yes. But that's no the point. I was drunk" and eager, I admit it to myself "You could come with me tonight. I don't want to be left alone with Charlotte. She told me, and I quote exactly her words, "Oh, okay I get it. You need a dick. I'll find you one tonight". What should I think?"

A few seconds of silence follow, while I think if the telephone line has been interrupted and that I have spoken to the void, and then I hear a loud laugh bang my ears.

"She what? A dick? AHAHAHAH"

"It's not funny Ken" I say, trying to muffle a chuckle by clearing my throat.

"Honey, let me translate you this. She doesn't want that you'll end up taking away her dick. And with dick I mean Country Club's dick. It's so obvious she's jealous of you." She counters

I take a long breath as I roll over onto my back, using my arm as a pillow.

Staring at the ceiling, I hesitate a few seconds as I consider her words. Could it be so? I mean, I sure have not pushed him away, or avoided him and maybe I liked a little too much teasing him, but was just that. We never kissed or exchanged phone numbers, if it's still a thing nowadays.

"Talking about roommates duty uh?" I exhale "Say hi to Ariel later, bitch"

"I will. But seriously, if you are in troubles call me. Okay?" I can see her smirk not he other side of the phone.

I pick up the yellow sticky note I found out some days ago in my drawer. Same handwriting, new promise of shambles.

"Next time, wear this. —CC"

Should I wear it or should I not?

I think the moment I actually put this on, I'm already in serious troubles.

*****

As soon as we approach the house I spot the big ΑΦ sign at the center of the building, right above the main front door.