Chapter 5

The next day

Today's Sunday. I was forced to wake up at 7 am to go to the church. I'm currently sitting there. Jorge is next to me. I tried to listen at what the old man was saying but I got bored. I turn my head to look at jey. He look so concentrated. He was smiling a little bit. Earlier he told me that Sunday was he favorite day of the week because it's was the mass day. I don't really understand him but it's okay I don't care. He was important for me. My only friends in there. And he's so freaking pretty. I don't really know if I should tried some things with him. He straight. But.. I think that maybe he's gay but don't want to believe it. He grow up telling that begging gay was a sin and that he would go to hell if he was gay. So of course it's hard to believe that you are gay.

I wasn't really listening to what the men was saying but at a moment everybody stand up and walk to like those confessions little room. I follow jey completely lost.

- Jey ? What are we supposed do ?

He look at me and laughed then come closer to me.

- On Sunday we have to confess our sin that we made this week. So God could pardon us.

I sigh a little bit then think about what « sin » I could have done this week. I don't think I do something bad.

- But.. what if we didn't made any sin this week ?

He turn his head and smile at me. God his smile.. wait no stop Benjamin.

- Find one. You have to tell something so I don't know say that you didn't do a homework or your pray.

Ugh this school is so annoying.. why would I have to create a sin to say to those men. If god really exist he won't listen to every single thing that we saying. He don't fucking care.

- i hate this school.

Jorge look at me and laugh before going into those little room. I wait for a place to be free and come in.

- Hi Benjamin. How you doing young men ?

I couldn't see who I was talking to. It annoying. It's was a old men but I can't see anything else.

- I'm good thanks for asking sir.

I look down at my feet and wait for him to talk.

- Do you have something to confess today ?

Agh.. what should I say ? I don't want them to be stuck on my ass for the whole week. So I have to say somethings that could be real for a young Christian men.

- Actually.. I forgot to.. pray before eating yesterday morning.. I was really hungry and I just.. forgot..

It's good right? Yeah I think it's pretty good.

- ooh.. it's okay Benjamin. It's happen sometimes. Just don't forget everyday. God will forget you for this one. But don't doing again.

- I promise sir.

- Have a good day young men

I stand up and smile cause it's finally over. I'm the best for faking to be a good Christian.

- Thanks you too sir.

I open the little door and look the see if Jorge was around. He was waiting for me close to the door.. he is so sweet. I walk to him and he smile to me.

- How did you do ?

I start to walk with him and look at him.

- I did great ! Thanks for telling me what to do. I don't know why I would do if you were there to help me

He blush and smile while looking at his feet.

- So what do you wanna do today ? We could spend it together if you want ?

He look back at me and smile.

- yeah sure.. follow me i have an idea.

I frown and he start to walk to a old door. He look around and open it. I follow him and we got upstairs and he open a other door.

- Jey where are we going ?

- shut up and follow me

I laugh a little bit and follow him. He swear. It's like the first time I hear him swear.

- own Jorge swear god will be mad

I saw him roll his eyes and open a other door. I follow him quietly and look around. It's was so beautiful. It's was like a little garden. We were outside. Like on the top of the basement I think. There were flowers and tree. I turn around and smile.

- Wow.. this is so.. Beautiful..

He smile and look down at his feet. He walk to a little spot and sit down. I sit down close to him.

- I found this place a years ago. It's was abandoned. I take care of everything and I come here when I'm sad or bored. I never bring anyone here before.

I kinda feel privileged.. If he choose to bring me maybe it's because he like me.. wait benji stop that. You can fall in love here. Specifically with a religious boy that will push you away.

- Thanks for bringing me here.. it's remember me a place close to my house.. I used to go there with..

Jack.. I still miss him.. I wounded how he's doing.. I should stop thinking about him.

- anyway..

I laid down and close my eyes. My heart feel so heavy.. I sigh then I feel a little touch on one of my finger. I open my eyes and I saw Jorge. He was looking in front of him silently. I look at my hand and I saw his little finger move to mine. Does he want to take my hand ? He want to hold my hand ? Should I do it ? I need it.

I slowly put my hand on his. He look at me and our gaze met. He didn't say anything and laid down close to me. I bit my lips hesitantly and take his hand. I feel him tighter our hand and I intertwine our finger. We stay like that and I close my eyes smiling.

For a moment I finally feel happy.