Chapter 8

The bucket house

Charlie: "look everyone, look. I got it! The fifth golden ticket is mine!" Charlie screams as he barged in the house. 

Grandpa Joe: "You're pulling our legs Charlie. There aren't any more golden tickets!"

Charlie: "No Grandpa, the last one was a fake. It said so in the paper!"

(Y/N) : "It's true. Look I got the paper to prove it." I said as I showed  the paper with the headline (fifth ticket a fake) 

Mrs. Bucket: "Charlie how you get that?" 

(Y/N) POV

"Auntie gave me a wonka bar and it had the ticket!" Charlie told his mom as Jane looked to me. "I uh got it from a friend."  I said sheepishly. Hoping she didn't notice the blush on my face thinking of the man that gave me the bar. I wonder if he would have still given it to me if he knew that chocolate bar had the golden ticket. "Well that has to be some friend." Jane said as she walked over to us. "Look Grandpa! See the ticket for yourself" Charlie said as he handed the ticket to him to read.

"Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket, from Willy Wonka. Present this ticket at the factory gate at ten o'clock in the morning of the first day of October, And do no be late. You may bring with you one member of your family but no one else. In your wildest dreams you could not imagine the marvellous  surprise that awaits you!" Grandpa Joe read out loud for all of us. 

"Charlie, you've done it!" Grandpa Joe praised

"Charlie, you've done it!" Grandpa Joe praised. "I don't believe it." Mrs. Bucket  said in astonishment. "Oh believe it. It's as real as that ticket in his hand." I said with pure happiness, until Charlie spoke up with  "Grandpa it said I can bring someone with me. I wish you could go." "Oh Charlie I don't think Grandpa Joe can stand or walk around that long whiteout needing to rest." I said. "Of course I can!" Grandpa Joe exclaimed. "You yourself help me get out of this bed everyday to walk around. It's time I put these old legs to better use then walking in circles. What better way to do that then walking around that factory with Charlie." He said as he swung his legs over the side of the bad and tried to stand up. "Easy Dad, You can't get up that fast." Jane said to him as he struggles to stand. "Charlie get his cane by the door." I said as I help him up. As he was finally standing he said "besides you'll be there to help me right (y/n)?" "But Grandpa the ticket said only one person can come with me." Charlie said to him. "Oh right I seem to have forgotten in my excitement. Well then I suppose you should go with him then (y/n)." Grandpa Joe said as he plopped back down on the bed as if all energy was lost at the mention of only on person going.  Well it was her chocolate bar." Said Charlie, clearly torn between who should go with him.

 "Well how about we just ask Mr. Wonka if I can stay with Grandpa Joe on the tour, for his safety of course. Grandpa Joe could fall standing that long without help walking. And you couldn't hold his weight Charlie." I said trying to figure something out. " but do you think it will work?" Asked Charlie. "If it doesn't then you go with him on the tour (y/n). I'll stay back with your mom if he says no Charlie." Said Grandpa Joe. "That sounds like a plan." I said satisfied with the deal. So was Charlie. "You know what that means right Charlie?" Grandpa Joe asked. "What Grandpa?" Answered Charlie. "WE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET! WE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET!" Grandpa sang as he stood back up and started dancing around with Charlie on Wobbly legs full of energy again, as l and the other grandparents laughed full of joy seeing them so happy again. Until Mrs. Bucket said "Wait it said the first of October. That's tomorrow." "Then we don't have a moment to lose Charlie! We've got a lot to do. Comb your hair, Shine your shoes, Brush your teeth, and get that mud of your face." Said Grandpa Joe. "I'm afraid that's not mud Grandpa Joe" I said as I looked at Charlie's face to see the little discoloration around his eye. "What do you mean?" Grandpa Joe asked looking at Charlie. Charlie giving me puppy dog eyes pleading for me not to tell them but I know it was already to late. "Better fess up Charlie." I said. "Fess up to what? Asked his mom. "I got into a fight at school with a boy today mom." Charlie said with the most pitiful look on his face. "WHAT?" Said his mom in disbelief as she examined his face. "I'm sorry mom." Said Charlie. Looking really regretful. "Well that boy was nothing but a bully and he stuck up for himself and his family against him and I'm quite proud of him for doing so. Bully's don't usually leave you alone until you stand up to them." I said to stand up for Charlie's actions. "Oh Charlie. I never expected this from you." Said his mom. "Does this mean I can't go to the factory tomorrow mom?" Charlie asked. I don't think I ever seen Charlie look so much like a kicked puppy as I do now. "(Y/n) is right Jane. He's a boy and every boy gets into a few scuffles every once in a while." Grandpa Joe also stuck up for him to. "Aww let him go" said grandpa George. "Boys will be boys" said Grandma Josephine. "I love grapes" said Grandma Georgina. She really has no idea what we're talking about. I think as I shake my head. "Well alright." Said his mom. "But no more fights!" Demand his mom. "Yes mom." Charlie said full of happiness again. " But let's get something cold on that eye to keep the swelling down and maybe tomorrow it won't show" I said as I got an old cloth and filled it with cold stones from outside.