Chapter 10

Reader's POV

Reader's POV

It all hits me that this whole time the handsome man I have been talking to was Willy Wonka himself. It takes a few moments for me to absorb all this as I watch him slowly make his way down the path way. As it all dawns on me I take notice that his limp seems much worse than when I seen him and he appeared to struggle to walk. Just before he reach the gates his cane got stuck in the stone and he froze and appeared ready to topple over. I naturally reacted on instinct and moved forward quickly to try and stop his fall as I would do with Grandpa Joe. I only got a couple of steps forward befor he did a forward tumble to jump back up on his feet with no trouble to show that he was fine and only tricking us as everyone watched with bated breath. Seeing this I took a step back to Grandpa Joe and Charlie as everyone enthusiastically cheered for Mr. Wanka's little trick. Or as I like to call a minor heart attack in my case. 

"Thank you thank you! Welcome my friends. Welcome to my chocolate factory. Would you all come forward please" he said to the ticket holders. Gesturing to come forward. As I helped Grandpa Joe get up all the other ticket holders rushed to get to the gate. 

Mr. Salt: " Veruca first.  Get back you! Come on Veruca sweetheart."

 Mr Salt placed his arm out over my chest as he pushed me and Grandpa Joe back to pass by us to ensure his bratty daughter got to the gate first almost knocking over Grandpa Joe in the process. I gave him a nasty look as I hold tight to Grandpa Joe to steady him to keep him upright. We just took a step back to let all the other contestants push past us. It wasn't a competition. And I had to hold Grandpa Joe as he walked down the steps. As we approached the gate behind the other I seen Charlie stop for a moment and whispered something to Grandpa Joe but was unable to hear what by the loud cheering around us. 

Mr Wanka: "No need to push ladies and gentlemen" Mr Wanda said as he gave Mr Salt a poi-tent look. As he asked for the tickets. (N/a. I know this isn't said in the movie but I thought it should have gone that way.) 

"Veruca Salt!" Said her name first as expected. The gloops were next. Then Violet. Then the Teevee's. Mr Wonka greeted them all giving compliments throughout even when Mike shoved a toy gun in Mr Wonka's stomach quite hard. Then it came to us. Charlie stepped forward and gave Mr Wonka his ticket while introducing himself. "Well well Charlie. Bucket. I've heard so much about you......he pause as he looked at me.... From the papers he finished. I'm so happy for you. And who are these two lovely people and why have you brought two?" Mr Wonka asked. "I'm sorry Mr. Wonka. I know the ticket said I could only have one person but my Grandpa Joe is my true guardian but he has trouble walking and needs assistance. That's why my Aunt (Y/n) is here. To assist him during the tour but if I can only bring one then my grandpa will leave." Charlie said sounding a bit down cast at the end. "Well your grandfather is your guardian and we certainly can't have him falling on the tour. Mr Wonka said as if in thought. "Then I will let this one exception for safety reasons only. But no more." Mr Wonka said as Charlie nodded his hand to Mr Wonka. Groundpa Joe introduced himself and moved to the side a little to allow me room to approach Mr. Wonka. "(Y/n) (L/n)" I said as I shook his hand as if it was the first time meeting. Well it is the first time properly introducing ourselves though we have spoken before. Mr. Wonka gave my hand a kiss saying overjoyed, enraptured, entranced. 

"Are we ready? Yes good. In we go" as he lead us all in. Him leading the way and holding the door for everyone as they entered. Grandpa Joe, Charlie and myself trailing behind the group. 

Another small update, but I figured I better get another update out before my followers came for me with torches and pitchforks and strings me to the nearest tree because it's been so long since I last updated. But No more updates until next year! Whaaa haaa haa! (My poor attempt at evil laughter.) well tomorrow is next year so maybe not as long as you might think. Lol. Since explanations and introductions are finally out-of-the-way the next few chapters may be easier to write Or maybe not.