Chapter 12 || WooAahH WHERE DID THE PER-CY GO

I got tlt from the library but then I had to return it before I could write a chap, so I'm changing the plot. You'll never know what it was before... >:)

~||~

"Where did he go?"

"I-I'm sorry sir, h-he, he just disappeared, I can't f-f-find him!"

"Look again."

"Y-yes my lord."

The figure in the shadows leaned back on his throne, surrounded by death. He opened his hand, revealing a small flame. The fire accentuated the angles of his face.

He tossed the fire to the ground, lighting up the space around him. The light of the flames finally showed his black eyes.

He knew, for he had watched, all was not lost yet. He could still reign again. But first, something must be done about Perseus.

• • •

Perseus. The gods-forsaken man that she just had to fall hopelessly in love with. Zoe had tried her best not to become attached, but she couldn't help herself. He was just so... nice.

And evidently, once he disappeared, Zoe was devastated. But she stayed strong for her sisters. But her sisters didn't care. They never cared. And when Heracles came, they weren't there. Just like they weren't there when Perseus left.

So Zoe ran away. She ran away. She had thought that maybe Heracles could fill the void inside her, left by Perseus. She thought wrong.

Running away had seemed like the only option. That was one thing that never changed. If Zoe hadn't run away, she would never have joined the hunt.

Running away had its consequences. Not only did Zoe lose her immortality, she also lost a majority of her powers. Yet, she didn't regret it for a moment. To be free was what she had always dreamed of. Now that it was finally here, she hadn't been able to get enough.

Zoe knew that holding feelings for a long-gone immortal was something that went against the hunt's ideals. But she never told anyone. Conceal don't feel, to quote the mortal movie of ice and snow.

Of course, Lady Artemis had her speculations, but Zoe was older and better versed in what little powers she had left.

So when Zoe heard that one Perseus Jackson had arrived at camp, she was immediately on edge. Perseus wasn't a common name, but, as Zoe had learned with Perseus the Slayer of Medusa, getting her hopes up would end only with a broken heart.

Of course, that didn't mean that she wasn't secretly curious. The second Perseus, the Slayer of Medusa, was a great hero. The first Perseus, Zoe's love, was a hero– or as much of a hero that an immortal could be. The name carried a legacy that this new Perseus would be pushed to uphold.

And if he failed, he may ruin it all.

• • •

Zoe had been in her tent, along with her sisters-in-arms, when she heard the news. Artemis had announced it casually during dinner, only stating that there was a new demigod at Camp Half Blood (the infernal name–) that Zeus wanted to keep a close eye on. The Hunters' mission was to watch him.

When asked about the demigod, all Artemis gave was his name: "Perseus Jackson."

Zoe, who had previously been staring into the depths of the forest, whipped her head over towards the Goddess of The Hunt.