Chapter 3 || The Plan

The Gods were in a cave in Crete, with a Prota hidden in the shadows. Only one God knew that there was an eavesdropper. But after hearing what his mother told him, Hades knew that the eavesdropper was not a spy for Kronos.

"We should storm the castle and take them by surprise!" Zeus shouted.

"That wouldn't work! They have guards everywhere, and there are only six of us!" Hera shouted back.

"Seven," Hades muttered.

"What?" Zeus asked.

"Uhh nothing. Anyways, surprise is not always the best strategy. Brute force wouldn't work. We need to be discrete and slowly take them out, even the odds, then fight," Hades said.

"No. We cannot lose the element of surprise, surprise is the best option we've got. If we gather allies, we will be able to take them down." Zeus replied.

"What allies will we be able to get? We need a Primordial god at the very least to be able to defeat them," Hades shot back.

"And you have an ally," Perseus said, coming from the shadows.

"I'm sorry, but a Titan will not cut it. How do we know that you won't turn traitor and betray us to Kronos?" Poseidon asked forcefully.

"That is where you are wrong, godling. I am not a Titan, but a Prota, and I have come to aid you in the upcoming war." Perseus replied.

"Wait, aren't Protas a myth? I thought that the Trinity of Prota was a story told to keep kids in line and prevent them from overexerting powers," Demeter said.

"Would you mind telling me the story so that I can tell you what parts are correct and incorrect?" Perseus asked.

"Oh, um, Hestia can you do it, you are better at storytelling than I am."

"Sure," Hestia said.

"There was a time before the universe, before Chaos, even when another race of gods existed. These gods called themselves "Protas" or Firsts. These so-called Protas were the beginning of time and ruled a period of time that they call the Beginning. This time didn't last long. The ruler of the Beginning tried to do too much at once and overexerted himself. This influx of power slowly killed of most of the Protas. Soon, only three remained. These three called themselves the Trinity of the Last Prota. Later, the "Last" of their title faded, and what remained was the Trinity of Prota. In the legend, the Trinity of Prota still exists, but they have faded into the background and let other, stronger gods take over. The Trinity is still here, but all they do is subtly influence things. For example, they influence our choices and plan out the future for the fates to weave. Even now, whatever choice you choose is already prechosen. In a sort, we are all predestined, but if something doesn't go the way it's supposed to, the Trinity can force you to fade or die."

"Hm, well there are many things wrong with that story, but there are parts that are correct as well," Perseus mused.

"But how do we know that you are telling the truth?" Hera asked.

"You will just have to trust me and take my word for it," Perseus replied.

"How do we know that you aren't a spy?" Poseidon asked.

"Again, take my word for it. Now, for that story, there was never really a race of gods called Protas. There is and will only ever be three Protas, hence the name the Trinity of Prota. But I am the only one in the Trinity that knows that they're in it. Yes, I was the ruler of the Beginning, but I let the Primordials take over when the Beginning ended. The Trinity still exists, yes, but the Primordials are weaker than Protas. This is because, as the first beings, we have more domains, so that the Universe could actually begin. For example, I am the Prota of Beginning, End and Personal Loyalty-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but do know why you are the Prota of Personal Loyalty? It doesn't seem anywhere close to Beginning, or End," Hades asked.

"Well, you know how every being, immortal or not, has a fatal flaw? Well, mine is Personal Loyalty. Anyways, I am the Prota of Beginning, End and Personal Loyalty. As the Prota of Beginning and End, I was the ruler of the Beginning, and I will be the ruler of the End. The End is when all immortal beings fade, and the Universe ends. About predestiny, that is true, I choose what happens, sometimes even millennia before it will come to pass. And before you ask, I cannot force an immortal to fade, that power belongs to the Styx. Do you think you can trust me now?" Perseus finished his rant, not even breathing deeply. This words confused the young Gods, but it made sense for the self-proclaimed Prota.

"Well, I guess we have a Prota on our side, but I don't think that a Prota will be enough. We still need more allies," Hestia said.

"In that case, everyone will stay here, as your father is looking for you. I will go out and recruit allies," Perseus replied.

This was really hard to write. Are you happy? I finally got a chapter that's longer than 400 words! Also kudos to my lil bro ClonetroopersRawsome for looking over it. I was looking at this today and OMG I have a little over 100 views, I'm so happy! I literally posted this a week ago! Thank you, everyone for reading this! Here's a little Percy Jackson meme for all of you! It's more of a Leo Valdez one, but who cares...

 I was looking at this today and OMG I have a little over 100 views, I'm so happy! I literally posted this a week ago! Thank you, everyone for reading this! Here's a little Percy Jackson meme for all of you! It's more of a Leo Valdez one, but who ...

Also, do you want me to do a recap at the beginning of each chapter and do you think that I should do funny chapter names? (EDIT: I decided to do the names, but I don't think I will do the recap) Comment what you think. Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading this!
-Fluff 'n Puff out!
Published 3/24/2020