Don't get your hopes up (AUTHORS NOTE)

CW // mention of sex, swearing

I should probably start off by saying that this is the third version of this chapter. The other two were both done at different times to get my feelings out and were later deleted.

As you might be able to tell, that isn't the case with this.

Now, I published the most recent chapter of this on September 28. It is October 7th (time is relative).

That's, what, nine days? Yet people are already asking me to update.

There is a reason I put the dates that the chapters are uploaded. You can see how erratic updates are.

Going and commenting "PLS UPDATE" or whatever variation of that isn't going to make me update it any faster.

Not only that, but two days ago I got this comment:

Now, there is one very big thing that I think when I see this and it's mostly "what the fuck

Now, there is one very big thing that I think when I see this and it's mostly "what the fuck."

First of all, I absolutely despise the idea of writing something like that (even that short kissing thing earlier made me extremely uncomfortable to write.

I want to make this very clear: I am writing this for myself. I write this because I want to. I don't write this for your enjoyment and I don't need to abide by your whims.

I write because it's something I enjoy doing. I write when I feel like it because I don't need nor want the unnecessary stress that comes with a set update schedule.

And, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't really enjoy writing this when things like this happen.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing people commenting and enjoying this, but when people push me to do something that I don't feel like doing, it just... doesn't work out.

So, you may or may not know, but I have this fic also published on ff.net and ao3. Yet wattpad is the only website where yall are constantly asking for more. And you aren't even being polite about it. It's a constant stream of "update pls" and literally nothing else.

Let me try to explain it a little differently. So you have your fanfic, that you've worked pretty hard on, TAKING TIME OUT OF SCHOOL TO WRITE, and you get a comment.

Now, comments aren't something that you see often, so you go and look to see what it says.

All it says is "pls update".

This person read through the entire thing that you've spent so long on, and all they have to say is "pls update". Kinda disappointing, don't you think?

This chapter, much like the previous two versions, is basically a stream of feelings. These are thoughts that I've had for a while, and I am 90% sure I'm not the only fanfic writer with them.

And honestly? That comment that I showed? That's what pushed me over the edge. It brings me back to my point that I do this for myself. If I do it for myself, why would I write that kind of stuff. It makes me so fucking uncomfortable.

Hell, even that one kissing scene made me uncomfortable. Don't ask me for that kind of stuff. Also don't go looking for the comment. I deleted it.

Basically, be mindful. I have a life. I am in school. Commenting for me to update won't make me do it any faster. Feel free to stop reading this, I could give less of a fuck.