Chapter 13 || Condemned From The Start

This chapter will most definitely be rewritten because it's a flaming pile of shit and I hate it with a passion.

Annabeth had always known that there was something off about Percy Jackson. She wasn't sure what, but there was something. But when the freaking Hunters of Artemis came to Camp Half-Blood? Her suspicions were confirmed. Percy Jackson was odd.

    Of course the Hunters being at Camp wasn't so unusual. What was unusual was the conversation that Annabeth overheard between the goddess and Chiron. Although, technically, she didn't overhear. She was going to Chiron, then realized that he was talking with Artemis, but then couldn't go anywhere without drawing attention to herself. So maybe she wanted to listen. Sue her.

    "What is it about him?" Artemis had asked. "Why must I bring the entire hunt to watch over a mere demigod?"

    Chiron's hooves nervously clopped on the wooden floor of the Big House. "Truthfully, I am not sure," He said, "But he is important, I know that much."

    The two had stood in silence for a few moments before Chiron continued.

    "He has no recollection of arriving here."

    "But why does it warrant Zeus to order the entire hunt to stop and– and babysit a mere mortal?"

    "That's the thing," Chiron sighed, "We don't think he's mortal."

    That was the moment it all made sense.

• • •

    Zoe thought that her control over her emotions was fairly good, all things considered. She might look like a teenager, but that didn't mean she had to act like one.

    But of course, as per usual, it all broke down sooner or later. Maybe she had held her feelings in for too long. Maybe it was just too much. Maybe it was just her.

    Zoe's feelings had been pushed aside; all her energy was focused on the hunt. And honestly? She loved the hunt.

    The hunt gave Zoe a place to actually live. It had freed her from the grasp of her father and allowed her to experience life.

    It had started as a sanctuary. But it grew into a home. A family. And it hurt to keep a part of her separate from her sisters. It wasn't that she didn't want to tell them – she did – but Zoe just didn't want to lose them.

    And by the time that the hunt got to Camp Half Blood, Zoe was just about ready to scream. All her pent up energy and emotions were starting to get slightly overwhelming, and she was ready to beat up
some campers in capture the flag.

    Yet, nothing could help her reaction to seeing Perseus for the first time.

    Not only were his eyes the exact shade that the original Perseus' were, but his hair was the same raven-black as well.

    All Zoe wanted to do was run up to him and–

    And what?

    Hug? Kiss? Run him through with his own sword?

    The last one for sure.

    But what if it was a gigantic coincidence? What if this new Perseus wasn't hers?

    She wasn't sure. She hadn't been sure about anything lately.

• • •

    Lady Hestia had dwelled by the fire for many years. She had grown used to being ignored, and had taken up the fine art of eavesdropping.

    The new camper – Perseus – had caught her off guard. He was nearly identical to his (first, immortal, not a demigod) namesake. He was also nearly identical to her brother.

    A son?

    Did Poseidon break his vow?

    Was it just a coincidence?

    Hestia didn't know. Yet she very nearly burst from her place at the hearth to confront the alleged demigod.

    Hestia watched as the lieutenant of the hunt, a daughter of Atlas, eyed said alleged demigod. The huntress's entire demeanor had changed the moment she saw him.

    She had been relaxed – or as relaxed as a huntress could be – but seeing the green-eyed, black-haird, preteen had caused her to become unnaturally stiff.

    Something was definitely off about Perseus.

~||~||~||~
See? I told you. It's shit. I don't like it. But you guys wanted an update so you get this trainwreck of a chapter.

I'm probably gonna delete it. This fucking chapter. I hate it. I had no motivation to write it and it's a piece of shit that I wish never existed.

Also, 50k??? HOW? HOW? It's been almost a year and I've already gotten 50k? I HONESTLY DIDN'T THINK I WOULD GET TO 100 READS WTF (I ALSO GOT 50K EXACTLY AT 11 MONTHS ON WATTPAD AND IM NOT TOO SURE HOW TO FEEL ABOUT IT)

I should end this now before I "accidentally" delete the chapter

Peace ✌︎︎

Published: Feb. 18, 2021