Chapter 10

We raced down the hallway, trying to find a place that wouldn't easily give away our noise. We needed to find it soon, cause I can't handle this intense feeling. I hadn't felt this since...
I threw the thought away before it even came. I can't let anything dampen this mood. Daryl squeezed my hand as he shoved me into a room. It looked kinda like a recreation room. The only thing left in here was blood stains and a couch. The couch would have to do. Not being able to wait any longer, I shoved Daryl down so he was laying on the couch facing me. I practically jumped him and straddled him with my legs. The look in his eyes was hungry in a way that didn't involve food. I smirked before I ground slightly against him, earning a moan of impatience and frustration. I ripped my shirt off from my head and bent down to kiss him. He kissed back instantly and our tongues fought for dominance. I wasn't going to give up easily. He hooked his fingers in the belt loops of my jeans and tugged me closer against his body. I struggled to keep the growl from escaping my lips. I felt a bit of pressure between my thighs and knew that it was him. He was ready. I grinded against him freely and he unbuttoned his shirt, throwing it to the floor. I nearly drooled at the sight of his bare chest, but decided it would be more lady like to just run my hands down his chest. He gripped my hips and I made a move to shove them off. Before I could, he flipped us and unbuttoned them himself. He slowly pulled them down, his eyes never leaving mine.
"Daryl I swear to god..." He was antagonizing me. He smirked and threw them off in a quick movement.
"If you wanted me that bad, you should have just asked." He responded after pressing his lips to my inner thigh. I gasped again and tugged on his hair. He kissed up higher, making me bite my lip even harder. I tried my best to keep from screaming his name when he entered. A traitorous moan escaped my lips. Daryl came up and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, making sure he didn't move that spot until I wanted him to.

Even with all my efforts, in the end, I really did scream.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I lay on Daryl's chest, watching the sun go up from the window in the room. The gentle rise and fall from his chest soothes me completely. I slept for a while after our fun, but eventually I woke up. Daryls hands on my bare back sent warm chills down my spine. A sharp inhale made me turn toward his face. His eyes fluttered open slightly and I smiled when he looked at me.
"Well good morning." He says, sighing almost happily. I lay my head back down on his chest, closing my eyes to imagine that this is it. This is all there is. There's no walkers eating people, there's no people killing people. And there's plenty of food for everyone. I'd have Eve back. I'd have my parents back.

But at least now there's no him.
I shivered at the thought of him. Unlucky for me, Daryl noticed.
"You ok?" He asked me. I shook my head no, figuring it was about time I needed to be truthful to him.
"Have anything to do with the mark on yer back?" He asks real low. Almost threateningly. His hand suddenly traced the few scars from my shoulder to my lower back. I held the tears back.
"My old boyfriend. Way before all this shit." I say, adding the cuss word purely for the reason that it made me feel better. He grunted angrily before hugging me closer. I smiled slightly at his protective side. After a long silence I knew he was waiting for me to explain.
"At first he was really nice. Kinda like you. Rugged and tough, but easy to know what they're feeling when you look in the right places." I wiped the tear away.
"I moved in with him after almost a year. Had to get another job to afford the extra costs. But he made me happy, so I didn't mind." 13 grueling hours everyday, Sunday-Saturday. It was hell.
"When I wasn't home enough to clean and cook, or whatever. Not like I really do that anyway. He um...got mad. Blamed everything on me. Like it was my fault we couldn't afford the place on one salary. Of course he wouldn't go out and get a job. That's what I told him. Then he grabbed a knife and fucked up my back." I couldn't stop the running tears down my face. I hate looking vulnerable.
"What happened after?" He asked, tightening his hold just a bit.
"My brother came and punched the shit out of him." I laughed. Mostly for me since he never really cared much about anyone. But that day he earned my respect and gratitude.
"Took me a few months to gain my confidence back." Daryl sighed and smoothed my hair down with his hand. I closed my eyes again, trying to make the memory go away.
"No ones going to hurt you again. I promise you that." He whispers into my ear. A bit of happiness sunk into my heart and I smiled.

We laid there a while longer before deciding to get dressed and eat something. Daryl's eyes on me as I pulled my clothes on made my face heat up.
"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I joked and kissed him before heading out the door. He still hadn't pulled his shirt on.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
No one really questioned where Daryl and I were when we walked in. I was grateful for the distraction of new people. I knew people were silently rooting for us. After finishing my bowl of whatever the hell that was, I gave it to Beth to wash. We were laughing about something when I heard barking. At first I shrugged it off. But then I realized...barking? My eyes widened and I ran out the door. Daryl chased after me like my life depended on it.
"Come on baby bark again." I pleaded. I didn't know which direction it came from. A resounding bark bark bark came from a fence to the left. I ran that why full speed, Daryl calling my name behind me. Then I saw him. The 120 pound beauty of some mix of dog. I smiled widely and pushed my legs faster. He barked and barked and barked, jumping up to the fence and jumping off of it. He was sure glad to see me. But there was only one. I reached the fence and realized which of the dogs it was. Harley.
"Harley!" I almost yelled and pushed my skinny hand through the fence to pet him. He made sure every inch was covered in his slobber. I laughed lightly.
"Where's Scout, huh? Where's Scout?" I asked him. He whined shortly before turning around with his head facing me. I got the idea and rushed to the gate.
"Where are you going?" Daryl asked.
"Somethin's wrong with Scout. I've got to go." I looked him in the eye. He pleaded with me for a moment before sighing.
"I'm goin with ya." He says and steps through the newly unlocked gate. I stuffed the key back into my pocket and ran towards Harley. After a quick hug and a few barks, we ran into the woods. In good time too, cause the walkers were finally catching on.

It seemed like forever. But honestly, it's probably just me being anxious. These dogs are practically my children. I love them with all my heart. And whoever hurt my baby is going to suffer seven fold.
Harley led us through the forest pretty quickly. Every once in a while he would stop, sniff the air, growl, and head in another direction. I taught my little boy well.
Only coming across three walkers, we ended at a small pond. A river ran through, leading God knows where. Harley whined and made his way closer. I saw something covered in mud at the beginning of the cross to the river. I instantly knew it was Scout and ran forward. Scouts ears perked up and he tried to growl.
"It's ok buddy. It's ok." I hush him quietly. He instantly starts to whine and his tail shakes. He's trapped under some kind of log. I don't really want to know how in the hell that happened, but I need to get him out.
"Okay bud hold still," I say before trying to lift the log. Little sucker is heavier than my fat uncle. And he looked 10 months pregnant. Daryl came over to help, eyeing the dogs before crouching down. His muscles stretched and tensed, which made my mouth water. After a while of pushing and pulling, Scout finally come out from under the log. His paw looked damaged, maybe broken, but other than that he looked healthy. Although a bath wouldn't hurt. Scout whined and barked quietly and licked my hand. I giggled and crouched down to hug him.
"I missed you too." I said and let go. As we walked back, nearing the prison, we heard gunshots. The four of us sprinted to the prison.

What is it now?

Yay another part! Was it short? Idk. But she has her dogs back! And her and Daryl...well...*insert sexy music here*

Anyway, I hope we get more reads soon. I like writing this and I want to know if I should continue or not. :)

Song: Words as Weapons by Seether

Vote, comment!

-B