Chapter 8

Rick, Daryl, and Michonne were further back than I thought. I expected to see them once I turned, but they were still running after me. Did I really run that fast?
"Are you okay?" Daryl asks, a glint of worry in his eyes. I tried not to smile at him.
"Yeah I'm good, I'd ask her though." I pointed to the woman still sitting on the ground in slight shock. I figured she was scared of what we were going to do. Rick looked down at her for a moment.
"Are you alright?" He asks with a warning tone. She nods quickly, seeming to ignore his tone. She stands up and bends down breathing heavily. My eyebrows scrunched in worry when she vomited up what was left in her stomach.
"Probably the only person to get sick after getting attacked by a walker." Daryl muttered, not trying to lower his voice much.
"It's not that," The woman snapped at him. "The Governor just shot everyone I knew. That 'walker' you saved me from, used to cook in the kitchen." She stood back up and breathed deeply.
"You're with the Governor?" Rick asked angrily.
"Did you not hear what I just said?! He shot my friends! My family! Do you really think I'm still going to be loyal to him?"
"Then why didn't he shoot you." Michonne said, her eyes like daggers.
"Because I hid under my friends dead bodies. He didn't see me." She just about spit out like poison. She sighed before talking again.
"I need to get back, we left two people to protect the elderly and children. Whoever wasn't able to fight. If the Governor goes back, he'll shoot them all." She started walking in the direction of the closed off town. Rick sighed for a second before looking between Daryl and I. Daryl then looked to me. Are they seriously making me decide what to do?
"We can't let her go back alone. And if the Governor does go back, he'll kill them all. Plus, it would be nice to put my bullet in his head if I do see him." I wiped my knife on a rag from my back pocket and stuck it back in my boot.
Rick looked uneasily at me, while Daryl looked at me with slight pride. I smirked at him this time before walking after the woman.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
We came up to the town wall, and hid behind a car.
"So here's wha-" Rick was cut off at the sound of gunfire. I ducked even more, and Daryl threw an arm over my head. I wanted to roll my eyes and throw his arm off, but my heart told me otherwise.
"Who's there!" Someone shouts from the wall.
"Tyreese! It's me! Don't shoot!" The woman shouts. Rick pulls her back down behind the car.
"Karen?! Karen are you okay?!" The man shouts. 'Karen' stands up to talk to him.
"I'm fine!"
"Where's the Governor?" He shouts back.
"He fired on everyone. He killed them all." Theres a pause behind the wall and Daryl removes his arm from my head.
"Why are you with them?" He finally asks.
"They saved me." She responds. He doesn't sound like he wants to shoot s anymore. Karen made this trip a whole lot easier on us. I look to Rick, Michonne, and then Daryl. I hope they don't shoot me for this.
"We're coming out!" I yell, putting my gun back in its holster. They look at me like I'm nuts but I stand with my hands raised anyway. Daryl, on the other hand, moves out from behind the car with his gun raised. I glare at him and he rolls his eyes, but he raises his hands up. Tyreese and another woman open the gate and come out with their guns over their shoulders.
"What are you doing here?" Tyreese asks.
"We were coming to finish this. Until we saw what the Governor did." Rick responds.
"He- he killed them?"
"Yeah." Rick nods. "Karen told us Andrea hopped the wall, headed for the prison. She never made it." He quickly changes the subject.
"She might be here." I add in.
Tyreese and the other woman nod and welcome us into the town.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
"This is where he had Glenn and Maggie." Rick says as we walk through the hallway.
"The Governor held people here?" Tyreese asks, shock evident in his voice. I scoff.
"He did more than hold them." I say, trying to keep the venom from my voice. With guns raised we continue into the hallway, and we reach a door. I point to the ground where a puddle of blood lay. Michonne nods to Rick, who opens the door after she pulls out her sword. A dead walker lay in the middle of the room. And then I see feet sticking out from the side. Michonne rushes in and I hear her sword clatter on the ground. Daryl walks in with his gun pointed to the roof, with Rick following. It wasn't my right to walk in there. I didn't know her, it would just raise question. She needed her friends, not strangers. I look to Daryl before turning around to head back out.
"You're not going in?" The woman asks. I looked back at the room, then to her.
"It's not my place." I say before heading out into the night air.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Sorry if this chapter was short, but I knew I had to post something. At some point I decided I didn't want to write anymore since j didn't think anyone cared. But in going to anyway since someone just voted for all my chapters! Anyway, I'm going to try and continue this story as much as I can. I'm sorry if there's mistakes, but I type pretty fast and I don't really proof read cause frankly, I just don't have the time.

Comment and vote!
-B