Hell is never just a day

" C'mon Yoongi, I have to get to work!" I huffed impatiently trying my hardest to pry to pale hybrids fingers away from my torso. His grunts of protest was barely audible over the screeching of my phone alarm that had already been blaring for over twenty minutes with that I knew I was desperately late.

Yoongi's head nuzzled into my nightdress, his shallow breathing warming my bare skin with each subtle exhale. He was like this every morning and still managed to weasel his way back into doing whatever he liked. You would have thought that his clingy actions would tear me away from him, but in truth I quite liked the commitment we shared with each other.

" You get twenty more minutes until we both go to work." I sighed in defeat, rolling over onto my side to scratch his head. Another set of protests were shifted into deep whines and purrs, as his leg flinched against my own. I could tell with my subtle action that he was drifting back of to sleep, his euphoria.

" I don't like you being around all those hybrids." He murmured, voice husky as he tried to fight his sleep. " I don't like the way they look at you."

A faint smile graced my lips at his declaration and I planted a soft kiss on his forehead as I brushed away his bangs. I knew how against my job Yoongi was, but I had friends there, people that simply needed my help. I wanted to save someone who had been through the exact same nightmares that Yoongi had. He understood that, but he still didn't like it.

I also knew that Yoongi was afraid that I would find someone else, that I would leave him or even worse; forget him. Even if I reassured him, gave him all the love and affection I could give, he worried behind that gummy façade. Let me tell you something. I would never abandon him. If a hybrid declared me their mate and took me away I would always go back to him. I loved him and nobody would be able to change that.

It sounds cheesy when someone says that, it's like PDA that sickens you, but being able to feel that sense of adoration there is simply no simpler way to put it. My love for Yoongi and my father is the only love I have been able to experience in my life time, I didn't meet a lot of people as a child and now with work I hardly have any time to explore or date. In the end it's just a small price to pay for a new world.

" Yoongi, it's time to go." I whispered and reluctantly he let me turn off my alarm. I watch him pull the covers over his head as I rolled out of bed, making my way to the bathroom.

Quickly brushing my teeth and trying to at least look presentable, I pulled on my clothes that I left in the basket and ran back into the bedroom. Much to my appreciation Yoongi sat, fully dressed, on the end of the bed rubbing his eyes as he mumbled under his breath.

" Morning Sunshine." I stated brightly, patting his head to gain his attention. His head turned somewhat demonically towards me yet his face held a hint of a smile as he stood up and stumbled to the bathroom himself.

With a heavy sigh I picked up my phone from the bedside table only to find several missed calls. It's nice to know that Yoongi didn't even bother to answer calls from work. It's also nice to know that we're almost an hour late. When Yoongi all but smoothly exited the bathroom, I pulled him to the car making sure he closed the door as I started the engine.

As soon as he sat down his head rested against the glass, already falling into a dreamless sleep. It surprised me how fast this boy could sleep, yet at the same time it didn't. He would prefer sleeping over human contact, similarly, he would like to escape reality and if I was in his shoes, I too would prefer being somewhere imaginary.

Not long after we arrived at the pristine white building; and I swiftly pulled the half-awake cat through the reception greeting the hybrid at the desk with a wave. Through the mumbles of tiredness and complaints of human interaction I finally found JB. Said boy directed his attention away from the small hybrid in his grasp as I sauntered towards him. His ears flapped excitedly as he ran to me, wrapping his arms around my torso and twirling me in the air.