Stories and mittens

Yoongi interlaced our hands together as we made our way into the hybrid facility, the warmth of his hand providing a subtle reassurance as the six hybrids gaped at the large interior.

" wow! It's so big." Jungkook exclaimed, rather loudly, acclaiming a few looks from the workers who smiled at his antics before scurrying away.

" And you work here?" Namjoon questioned, eyes scanning the hybrids intermingle the humans " It's amazing."

I chuckled slightly, grasp tightening on Yoongi's as I turned to look at him. His eyes were downcast, weary almost, but his lips perked up slightly as he caught my eye.
Namjoon was right, this place, and many other like it, was amazing. The work we did to support both sides of the spectrum, people of all species, race and identity, was truly the most spectacular thing. With Yoongi, this was made possible. With Yoongi I was able to progress throughout this age with a sense of achievement, without the sense of guilt.

" So you're finally here!" The analytical eyes of Jackson met with mine as he weaselled his way through the group of boys, folder in hand and a frown on his lips.

" Jackson!" Yoongi's hand slipped from mine as the hybrid approached, allowing me to take him into a hug. Jackson chuckled, gently patting my back before pulling away.

Someone growled, followed shortly by a silent yelp and I glanced over at the six that watched our interaction, eyebrows furrowed and pulled tightly across their face.

" Hold on now, if I knew you was coming today I would've prepared the kids." Jackson chuckled, ears flickering on his head and folding the folder under his arm.

" Hold on a second." Taehyung stepped forward, a waver in his voice as he continued. " You two have kids?"

I nodded, watching his crestfallen face become more.. crestfallen? The others seem to show the same look, one that I can't tell was sadness or disappointment. " You have to meet them they're just to die for!"

I allowed Jackson to pull me through the crowds, a slow laugh resounding through the halls as he assured me the boys weren't that far behind. The scenery seemed to change the further we went, a new change in the facility in order to provide children a sense of comfort whilst they stayed.

In a moment, Jackson released my hand, raising his hand in a stop motion as he gestured to the door. "Wait here a moment."

And with that he opened the door, leaving ajar just enough to here the children I loved crowding around him with questions he couldn't quite answer. I snickered slightly, watching him try to peel off Xhia, a little Snake hybrid we had saved just a few months ago.

" Miss Min, is that you?" I knew that voice from anywhere, looking down, the cheetah hybrid peered her head around the door frame her eyes gazing up at me, almost twinkling in delight. She waddled up to me and I hoisted her up onto my hip, careful not to disrupt my injury any further.

" Hello Princess, " I cooed, placing a kiss on her forehead as she giggled, squirming slightly into my hip. " How have you been?"

" Jakson, is bad a stores." She murmured, nuzzling her head into my neck gently. I chuckled slightly, noticing how her language has improved since the last time I saw her. I really had missed a lot.

" There you are!" A very angry SeokJin yelled, making the young hybrid jump on my shoulder, her head whipping to the sound as she hissed weakly at the intruder.
Jin paused, and I smiled at him. His eyes drifted to the younger girl then to me and back again. I too glanced at the girl, her teeth bared and eyes ablaze with the need to protect and defend.

" You've grown your fangs." I stated, placing the girl on the ground and ruffling her hair. She squealed, hiding her face in her hands, but still peering at SeokJin through the crack in her fingers. " I'm proud of you."

It took a moment for all seven boys to come sauntering down the hallway, taking note on how all of them stomped and cursed and quickly covering the young girls hybrid ears as the flickered at the new sound. I saw how Yoongi smirked, strolling in at the back of the pack, with his hands deep in his pockets. I shook my head gently at their antics before they came to a stop, taking in the sight and swindling into silence.

" Guys this is mittens. Mittens these guys are my friends." I explained, taking her hand in my own. Mittens hummed, a smile playing on her lips as she overlooked them.

" Ucle Yooni." She squealed, bouncing her way over to the fidgeting boy. I eyed him carefully, watching as the other parted like the sea to let the small girl past, they watched her intently as she was once more  placed on the hip of the young hybrid, who pat her head gently.

It was silent. Too silent. Ah well. I could see the confusion on there faces, almost looking between me and Yoongi, then mittens almost vying for an answer. I should give them an answer, but I'd much rather not.

" Miss Min!" A stampede of children had ran towards me before I could inhale, all of them using there podgy hands as a way to pull me forwards, warm smiles on their faces as I was placed down in the centre of the room, a book thrusted in my hands and flipped to the first page.

A few of the younger hybrids had lead the pack into the room, excluding Yoongi who already had his hands full from Mittens who muttered into his chest half asleep.
The six marvelled at the sight, jaws slightly unhinged, eyes wide and ears flickering at the sudden change.

" How many kids do you have?" Jungkook asked,  voice raising an octave higher as me and Jackson chuckled, sharing a glance before looking back over the children.

" They are not ours biologically Jungkook, Instead bonded as family." I explained, turning up to look at him and the others who had begun to make themselves at home on the bean bags. Jungkooks mouth gaped in understanding, eyes suddenly sparkling as he admired the large group of kids that surrounded him.

I watched carefully, fingers brushing the pages of the book as one of the deer hybrids approached a mildly shaken Jimin, his hand extending towards him before slowly climbing onto his lap. I chuckled, the sight overwhelmingly relieving as Jimin turned to look at me, a look a pure fear in his eyes as the kid snuggled up to him.

The same then happened for Taehyung, who seemed more than happy to take the ram hybrid onto his lap, gently caressing her hair as she positioned herself between his legs. Then for Namjoon, who had taken the three year old mouse hybrid, SeokJin who attracted the fox, Jungkook with the coyote and Hoseok with one of the only humans in the room.

They smiled, though terrified, at the young species on their laps. They looked like one big family. The fact the children had accepted them with open hearts only clarified the fact that these men had become apart of the large family we had grew over the years. A family who loved and learned from each other.

I took a glance at Yoongi, his eyes already on me as he ruffled Mittens hair, her eyes too bright and focused me. This was family, and it only took a simple nod from him to know that somewhere he felt it too.

" Are you going to read now Miss Min?" A tug on my arm snapped me from me delirious daze, but not from the happiness inside as I began a new chapter on the path of life.