Chapter 14

Ria

      "I will be resuming work tomorrow onwards" I inform everyone as we sat at the table n the garden for breakfast. Sunday mornings are spent at the table outside. My cold was better now. Aarush nods in agreement; he would do the same. "What about the honeymoon?" questions mom. I stiffen. Aarush looks as if he has been expecting this question. He knows his mother. 

   "Ria and I had an arranged marriage. Things are still a bit awkward between us. I don't think this is the right time for us to go on a honeymoon."

   Dad nods in agreement. "Alright beta, whatever suits you both the best. Don't mistake me for forcing both of you," mom reassures us. 

   Suddenly, a voices echos through the empty walla of the living room. "Ria baby! Where are you?!" I could recognise this voice anytime. Myra. She was looking around the empty living room for us. She walks in a bit more till she can see the garden. When she finds us, she runs to me and hugs me tight. "I missed you, bitch" she whispers. "I missed you too," I reply.

  She then turns to touch mom and dad's feet before hugging Aarush and Diya. "Where is my hug?" Aarav asks. "Am I special?"

    "No, you have cooties. I don't want that. Anyways, sorry for coming here uninvited. I just had to see Ria." 

    "Not a problem dear, how about you, Ria, Diya and I have a girl's day today? Let's ditch the guys," Mom smirks. Aarush's eyes widen in desperation that he would not be able to spend time with me. He slightly shakes his head but Aarav sees it, "Arey bhaiya, come on, bhabhi is not going anywhere. Spend time with us as well. Not even 4 days since you got married and you are already whipped," he says, loud enough for the both of us to hear. I cleared my throat awkwardly when Aarush shot him a glare. "Sure mom, let's go."

   "Perfect! Let's leave now!" shouts Diya, dragging me to my car. Mom waves a bye at Dad. Aarav, who was standing behind the both of them rolled his eyes, looking at Aarush's behaviour. "Settle your own dinner. We will be late!" Mom called out before boarding the car.

   "Alright, guys, where to?"

  ***

    By the time we returned, it was already 4. We had gone to the mall to get some clothes and books and had also gone to the spa. A nice Balinese massage had marked the end of my short break and would set me back on track. I had also bought gifts for my new family members. I wanted to do something for them as they made me feel welcome into the family and changed some of their routines and adjusted their lives for me. I remember Diya wanting the new make-up collection by her favourite make-up artist so I had bought it for her. I bought a gold pendent for mom and a luxury tie for dad. For Aarav, I had bought a recently released toilette. Of course, I did not forget about the staff working in the house and had bought them gift cards which they could use to buy anything they wanted. 

  I had dropped off Myra at her house before coming back home. After dinner, I gave out the gifts I had bought for all of them. 

   "This pendant is so beautiful! I love it beti, thank you," Mom cupped my cheek. 

   "Bhabhi! I love you so much! Thank you!" exclaimed Diya as she hugged me tightly. 

   "This tie is going to make me look even more handsome. I am going to wear it tomorrow," Dad smirked at mom before turning to me and smiling.

    Lastly, Aarav sprayed his fragrance and smelled it before saying, "Girls are going to go crazy after me when I wear this tomorrow bhabhi, thank you," he winked.  

   "As if there are any," says Diya.

   "Just because you don't have any guys tailing you doesn't mean I don't," replies Aarav.