Chapter 15

Ria

       The rest of the week passed peacefully. Every day, mom made breakfast and lunch. Dinner was made by either Aarush and me or Mom and Dad. We all tried to pitch in help whenever possible by cleaning up after we eat or setting the table. It's a good routine we have in the Kapoor household. It's not always the female doing housework. I caught up with my parents on alternative days and texted Myra almost every day.

     Today, as planned, Aarav and I were going trekking with his group of friends. I also thought it would be great to visit Sachi and the other kids later in the evening and treat Aarush with dinner as an apology for making him feel like he wasn't doing enough for me. It's 6 am. We are on our way to the trekking site. Aarav is driving his car. Aarush woke up earlier than me just to make sure he gets to talk to me before I leave. 

    "Bhabhi,  we have reached. Let's go!" Aarav exclaims as he parks his car. 

   "I have to inform you that the two of them can be immature and flirty. Don't mind them. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, inform me, okay?"

   "Look who is talking about being immature" I comment as I see two guys waiting for us at the start of the trail. "Anyways, sure, I will tell you if I feel uncomfortable."

   "Wow, bhabhi, you are such a meanie. Look! Those duffers are here." 

   We walk towards them and both of them greet us cheerfully. "Hello Ria Bhabhi, I am Neil, we came to your wedding but never talked to you." Neil was a skinny guy with a clean-shaven face.

   "M'lady, I am Piyush. You are so beautiful up close." He goes on his knees and grabs my hands to his mouth to kiss it. Before he could do that, Aarav smacks his head and pulls him up by his collar. "Calm down bro, I was joking. Hi bhabhi, hope you have a fun time with us!" Piyush was a buff guy. 

    "Hello Neil and Piyush, it's great to meet you guys. I hope we have fun today."

   "Alright, let's go up!"

   As we all start to walk, the guys start to talk to me about how their friendship started. They all had met in junior college and their friendship had been maintained since then. Neil was a software engineer while Piyush was a gym coach.

   "Bhabhi, do you have any beautiful friends that you could introduce to me? I am a very single and responsible guy who will take good care of my girlfriend. I saw someone who was always by your side during your ceremonies. The one with shoulder-length hair with pink highlights wearing a baby pink lehenga. Is she single?" asks Piyush

   "Oh, she is Myra. She is not single though. Rotten luck huh?" I look towards Aarav, whose brows scrunch up in confusion and sadness. 

   "Oh yes, she was like a ray of sunshine. I really wanted to get to know her more," Piyush comments. "No worries, do you have any other friends or colleagues?"

   "Nope."

   "What about the lady in a purple saree during your reception?" Adya. I don't like to play cupid for people I am professionally involved with, even though Adya is a really sweet girl. She is a married woman anyways. She was married to her childhood crush via arranged marriage. Very lucky indeed.

   "Married."

   "What about--"

   "Shut it, Piyush. My bhabhi is not your goddamn matchmaker." Aarav interrupts Piyush.

   "How about Neil? Are you seeing someone?" I ask.

   "I am committed to my childhood sweetheart. I love her so much." Neil replies, his ears turning pink.