Chapter 5

Ria

     Since Myra decided to come over to my parents' house for a sleepover, she texted her mom. It was around 8.30 pm when I reached my parents' house and saw two other cars parked on the driveway. One of the cars looked familiar. 

   "You did not tell me you had guests coming over," commented Myra as she alighted. 

  "That is because I am not aware of it too, genius!" Myra and I walked towards the door. As if my mom was Jaya Bachan from Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham, she opened the door even before I rang the doorbell. She smiled at me and Myra and welcomed us in. Myra was clutching onto my hand because she was feeling awkward to meet the guests. 

    I entered the living room to see mom, dad, Aarush, Aarav and Diya. Diya cam running to me and hugged me tightly. When she pulled away, she smiled at me. "Oh my god! You look so beautiful and tall! I am so happy that you are going to be my bhabhi. I am Diya, 20 years old. I am so lucky that I am getting such a badass woman as my bhabhi. I can show you off to all my classmates and also, hopefully, learn how to run a business with your help. I heard that you can cook well too. We are going to have so much fun together. Oh! Hello. May I know what's your name?" "Hi. I am Myra. Nice to meet you" "Oh my! Bhabhi? Are all your friends so beautiful? Can you tell me your beauty secrets, Myra?" "There are no secrets, Diya. Just embrace yourself and treat yourself like you are a goddess and that you deserve the whole damn world." "Bhabhi, I-" 

      "Enough you shorty! Let me talk to bhabhi for a while. Hello, my beautiful bhabhi and her beautiful friend. I am Aarav, 23 years old." Aarav introduced himself, smiling and winking at me while kissing Myra's hand, making her go red. Myra and I shared a look. Both the Kapoor brothers are the same. "It's such a shame that you are getting married to that jerk. Why don't you just ditch him and marry me instead?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows and grinning until someone smacked his head from behind. Aarush glared at Aarav the looked at me and Myra. He smiled at me. "Hi, Ria. Long-time no see. I missed you," he said. "Erm...we just met yesterday Aarush." "Still, it's a long time for me. Anyways, you were supposed to say  'I missed you too' ''

    He then turned to Myra and greeted her. "I would have hugged you but after yesterday, my eyes are only for the gorgeous lady in front of me," he said, gesturing me. Myra looked impressed as she smiled back at him and furiously tapped my back, not to make it obvious that she is fangirling over Aarush. I stepped away from the siblings to greet mom and dad. " Don't you think my kids are so annoying? Thank god you are such a sweetheart. We are going to be the queens of the house and boss around them," she said, earning a 'hey!' from the siblings. "Oh shut up you three! Ria is my favourite now." The three of them looked at dad for support. "Don't look at me! Ria is my favourite too. Who are you three?" 

    "If that is the case, then Aarush, Aarav and Diya are our favourites now," said mumma and papa as they hugged the three of them, resulting in a smug look on their faces. Myra stood there awkwardly, looking at us and asked, "Whose favourite am I then?" I was about to answer her when Aarav said, "You can be my favourite. Many girls would love to be that." 

       "Uh...no thanks. My taste is so much better. Furthermore, Auntiji and Uncleji would not mind another favourite right?" she asked mom and dad. They smiled at her as she greeted them. "Mom and dad, this is Myra, my best friend. She is an artist" "A very beautiful one indeed." That one definitely came from Aarav. She glared at Aarav as he gave her a flying kiss to which she acted as if she was swatting a fly in the air. "Aarav Kapoor! Behave yourself!" warned mom, to which he pouted and crossed his arms. 

     As we all took a seat, my dad broke the news. "Aarush and Ria, we have decided that the engagement would be held next week and the wedding, including sangeet and mehndi, two weeks following the engagement. We have already booked the venues which are Mr Kapoor's own hotels. All we have to do is to go shopping for outfits and rings. Everything else will be taken care of. Is this okay with you both?"