Chapter 8

Aarush

    She looked damn hot when she challenged me. That smirk on her face and the determination in her eyes made me realise how unique she was. She was different from all the girls I have met. Her eyes looked into my soul whenever we made eye contact. No matter how hard I flirt with her, she does not blush. She is not the person to admit her feeling easily nor does she show them. She has a wall built around her and only lets Myra into. Not even her parents. I want to break the wall. Not just get through it. I want her to experience all the happiness in the world. Her eyes held sadness and loneliness which I desperately want to get rid of. Such a pure soul like her's is mine to cherish for life.

Ria

    We enter the Kapoor Mansion. It was massive and had a beautiful interior. You can look from the colour scheme of a house and determine what kind of people live there. This definitely suited The Kapoors.

   "Arrey, welcome beta, how come all have you have returned so early?" asks dad.

    Aarav explains about the cooking competition excitedly. The elders got excited about hearing this. Mom, Dad, Myra and Aarav supported me while Mumma, Papa and Diya supported Aarush. They shooed us away in order for them to discuss the task.

    "Aarush, show me where you keep different ingredients so that I can be familiar with the kitchen." 

   "That is true. I would have an advantage. Follow me, baby," he says, holding his hand out for me to take.

    I flipped my hair and slapped his hand away, "Just lead the way dude"

  "Ouch, you are abusing me. Aarush is sad," he says pouting, making puppy eyes.

  "Aarush, I am not abusing you. That would be animal abuse. Bring me to the kitchen,"

   He held his chest, feigning pain and hurt. I patted his head and pointed ahead of us.

   He led us into the kitchen where I took a look at the ingredients available and where they are. We went back to the living room to see them ready with a task for us.

   "The both of you will be making a sabzi each for chapati. However, you will not be allowed to use paneer, potatoes, aubergine or cauliflower. You have 45 minutes to make both the sabzi and 25 chapatis each. Your time starts now!" 

    Aarush rushed into the kitchen, tying his apron. I watched him going through the ingredients muttering, "They are planning to make me fail...But will I let them, No! I am Aarush. The Aarush!" I planned to make Mirchi ka Salan and hence to out a lot of chillies. Aarush had shock written all over his face as he saw me doing that. I went to prepare all the ingredients, kneading the chapati dough first. I did not bother looking at what he was cooking. All I knew was that his dish did not involve any vegetables. 

 Aarush

    I think she is planning to kill me. She had put her hair up in a bun so that it would not distract her but it sure distracted me. She looked damn cute when she worked with full concentration with her eyebrows furrowed.

   I was shocked to see her taking so many chillies. What was she going to do with all of that?! Anyways, I had planned to make Besan ke Ghatte. That would not be a problem. Now, if I could only get my chapatis rolled out into a perfect circle...

Ria

   45 minutes flew past and by the time we were done, Aarush's face had flour here and there. His hair also had flour and had become really messy. He tried to get rid of the flour but it was not easy. I giggled as he patted his head continuously, making him look up at me with his eyes wide open and a shocked face.